Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall Guy - 2024

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched this the other night and I have to say, for a film that really went the extra mile to ensure its many stunts were done for real & overtly acknowledged the unsung heroism of stunt-people … the final result was often deeply fake & looked too CGI enhanced. I'd have assumed the chase scene in the truck was mostly done with CGI yet in the BTS footage at the end, lo & behold it was a predominantly practical set-piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

I had the same feeling watching much of the action and was likewise, caught off guard when they showed the stunts in the credits. In particular, the truck chase through the city that is played against Emily Blunt singing karaoke, had that straight to Netflix, shiny green screen look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I knew in advance this only had a very basic connection to the series of the title, and had heard a decent enough review. Dubious about this being an unexpected gem, but as I find both lead actors interesting thought I'd give a whirl. First 20 minutes showed some promise, but over the following ten minutes it descended into rubbish, so I turned it off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It felt like a script that has no faith in its own premise and had to staple some increasingly nonsensical conspiracy story.

You feel like time was this would have purely been a romantic comedy, with a smattering of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Yeah, seems like they went for something more unconventional and possibly edgier than what one might expect for a romantic comedy, which is partly what I had been hoping for, and how it started off. But it just fell flat, with no perceivable sense of the possibility of recovery, even at the half hour stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Loved this, tbh. Gosling was charm personified.

Advertisement