Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Few questions about my new boat

• 18-08-2022 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi all, I have recently purchased my 1st cruiser, a Broom 35 European 1985. Ive always wanted to buy a cruiser and now I have finally done it. Have a few questions on it if any of you have ever done this before...

1- Simplest first, it has a Vaillant Gyser (i think ) gas heater on it. No manual and no model number on it. Cant seem to get it working. There is one knob with worn symbols. When I turn it to the left it "clicks" and the pilot flame lights. The knob wants to spring back to to the right but when it does that the pilot flame goes out and I have no idea is anything happening inside or if its working. Anyone else got one of these and know how it works?

2- The canopy is white and quite dirty looking, some green mould on it. Are there any companies that you can send canopy to for professional clean or refurbishment?

3- Down the road may look at update to some of the layouts which would require a carpenter. Any recommendations to carpenters who work with boats or does such a thing exist?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There is a small Irish Broom FB page that might be worth joining, they should know your heater . https://www.facebook.com/groups/693933255276554

As for the canopy probably best to have a go at cleaning it yourself most of the canopy companies in Ireland have a 2 year waiting list to get any work done. 😮

Any good carpenter should be able to do the work or you could have a go yourself failing that you could bring it to Lakeside marina they do all work needed on a boat.

Advertisement