Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex-PhoneWatch Alarm crisis!

Options
  • 18-08-2022 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone help?! We have a Simon security system which is no longer maintained by PhoneWatch, and which we never use.

The living room movement sensor started beeping last month and and in a bid to take it down to replace batteries, it has set off the alarm, saying "sensor tampered" The only way we could stop alarm was to open the main box and imput access code, where it is now constantly prompting us to begin the Start Menu. I have managed to run through the Options Prompt to hear the box identify the living room sensor, but cant seem to reset the monitor in order to try to take it off the wall (which also seems to be impossible). Presumably the

If we close the lid of the box, the ear piercing alarm goes off again and again. So we have to keep it in prompt mode, and we are left listening to six beeps every minute out of the box, and a constant intermittent beeping in the living room. We called PhoneWatch and they have washed their hands of us as we no longer have a contract with them.

All we have is the access code and a fob with a number on it. But we dont seem to have a "Master Code" as others have referred to....and wouldn't know what to do with it anyway. Have read and re-read Simon manual, but it does not troubleshoot the problem, and actually suggests calling your security system dealer, which we obvioulsy dont have anymore.

Can anyone save us from this torture???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jtrred

Contact Phonewatch. I had a similar problem with a Phonewatch system in a house I moved into. Phonewatch system installed but bleeping. I didn't take up the contract with Phonewatch, but their support person was able to direct me on how to stop the intermittent 'reminder'. I did inquire about joining Phonewatch...which may have helped...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Contact PW and they will fleece you as you have no contract with them. Remove the fuse from the spur and the panel . Drop the lid and remove the inner cover and disconnect the battery. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Glaholm100

Thanks Jtrred and KoolKid.

Phone Watch basically told us to go jump, unless we wanted to join up again. I find it extraordinary that they have the right to prime your house with a potential WMD, and when it goes off, they can just wash their hands of it unless you join up again!

KoolKid, I'd love to do all that disconnecting, but haven't the foggiest how to

Advertisement