Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours’s dog and cattle in Tipperary keep entering our garden

• 19-08-2022 11:25am

Hello,

I hope someone can advise. I have recently moved to Ireland and purchased some land with a derelict cottage in Tipperary. We live in a temporary cabin on the site whilst the property is built.

We’ve run into an unexpected situation with our neighbour whereby their dog (very sweet) keeps entering our property by squeezing through a gate and defecates everywhere any then hangs around scaring our own dog and cats.

To make matters worse, their cattle often roam onto our land when we leave our gate open.

I have asked them numerous times (in writing) to sort out the situation by fencing off their property but I never get a response.

Before buying the property I knew the family had a reputation and quite a few run-ins with the law but I didn’t think this would be a huge issue as I kept to myself

Any advice would be much appreciated. Especially with regards to where I stand with the law.

Thank you,

PS: I feel terrible for the dog as I know he’s living in a really poor environment and the owners don’t play with him or anything. He’s very sweet but I’m worried that one day he’ll crack and injure myself or my pets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Welcome to rural Ireland

From experience the only way is for you to erect sturdy critterproof fences,, take photos and if they get damaged...Keep your gate closed and even locked.

Words ay well do little good.

The dpgi may well be a garda matterog ay well be a Garda matter?

But be firm, They have been used to using the land and will be reluctant to let go

But be firam

Advertisement