Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NECLSHGGBP on my debit card

Options
  • 19-08-2022 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Am I right in assuming that this is a fee for using my debit card in the UK? I was over for a couple of days last weekend, and there's a few of these charges showing up, which tally with the period I was over there. All small amounts, ranging from 12c to 42c.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Yes, there would be charges associated with using your card in a foreign currency.

When using your card in a shop there would be a charge of 2% of transaction value with a maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction

When using a Debit Card for cash withdrawals in a foreign currency at an ATM, there would be a charge of 3.5% of transaction value with a minimum charge of €3.17 and maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction

We have attached a link here for further information on the fees and charges associated with a Current Account.

Thanks, Aisling

Thought it might be worth mentioning that if you are a BofI account holder in the Republic of Ireland there is no cross border handling charge for an ATM withdrawal from BofI branches in Northern Ireland and from UK Post Offices. A handy thing to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

It happens sometimes when you order from the UK also and/or when you pay in £ as oppose to €

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ha, That explains it when i purchase from Amazon i see these small charges on my statements.

Advertisement