Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College football season 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,273 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think everybody who isn't a fan of who they play will be shouting for them to win the SEC.

TCU won in overtime to go 6-0, they have a real chance of making the top four if they stay unbeaten.

It's so open this year. Michigan Vs the Buckeyes is a huge game.

The Pac 12 is still wide open. Two unbeaten teams in Lincoln Riley's USC and Chip Kelly's UCLA. USC have a really tough matchup tonight at Utah. UCLA on a bye week. They could be no.1 heading into next week when they face Chip's old team Oregon. You couldn't make it up. UCLA currently ranked 11, Oregon 12.

And let's not forget Clemson, currently down 7-0 to Florida State. They are no.4.

This is one of the most exciting seasons I've ever had the pleasure to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Really enjoyed that UT Alabama game, brilliant stuff. Usc beaten at Utah too, so let's see what the rankings are like now. Utah took option of 2 point conversion to win it with last play, a gutsy all or nothing call!

Bama really error prone, as they have been at times this year. They were put under pressure, but seem to struggle with it where in recent years they would have been OK. Think it was 17 penalties (maybe 18) last night - obviously IF they cut these out it will improve them immediately, but they should be punished in the rankings surely.

Post edited by theoneeyedman on

Yeah Bama have to lose a lot of places as this loss along with the close call against Texas are two bad results. At best they should be six.

Buckeyes, Michigan, Georgia, Clemson and obviously Tennessee will be the top five.

Then you have Ole Miss, also SEC, with TCU and UCLA who are also unbeaten in good leagues. I think they could drop a lot because having a one loss SEC team high along with two unbeaten ones, I gotta think that them being ahead of another unbeaten SEC team can't happen. If they drop below Ole Miss then they have to drop below TCU and UCLA in my opinion.

I pass no heed on the AP rankings. NCAA College football rankings is all that matters.

Upset alert. Buckeyes down by five to Penn State with nine minutes left in the fourth.

And in less than a minute the Buckeyes turn that five point deficit into a nine point lead, unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Georgia laying down a serious marker to the supposed #1 Tennessee early in here!! 21 3 ahead early in 2nd quarter.

4th Q now and 27 to 6, Volunteers not at the races at all - 6 QB sacks for the Bulldogs defence so far!

Post edited by theoneeyedman on

Brian Kelly has balls of steel. In overtime Alabama score and go up by 7, LSU respond with a touchdown and he goes for two and got it. Alabama are out of the college football playoffs. The rankings will be very interesting, Tennessee will drop, Michigan likely goes into the top four, TCU have to move up as they are still unbeaten and had another good win over Texas Tech. LSU likely go to five or six.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Wheels have fallen off at Tennessee, they were awful against South Carolina.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Rivalry weekend and the huge game between Ohio State and Michigan tops the bill.

Buckeyes all prepared.....

It's taken them a while, but the Wolverines look to have this one covered early in the 4th. Not over yet with the talented Stroud at QB, but 31 - 20 to Michigan at present and they had a very good third Q.

Either way, it will have an effect on the ratings #2 Ohio seem scattered a bit, lots of errors and penalties when the pressure came on which may cost them! As I say, they may recover yet, but still, they haven't been impressive today so far.

• Advertisement

Delighted for Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines.

Rankings are in flux big time now.

LSU are in with a win but out when/if they lose to Georgia you'd think. USC play Notre Dame tonight, if they lose that they are gone. Clemson lost today so they are out.

So who's sitting on the outside looking in? That's right no.7 Alabama with two losses.

So LSU beat Bama but we don't know at this stage how the rankings will go if LSU lose to Georgia. You'd think it'd still be the Tigers but it's impossible to call.

LSU are at Texas A and M tonight. Aggies have had an awful season but their best performances have been against ranked teams with wins early in the season over then no.13 Miami and no.10 Arkansas and they went very close to beating Bama.

Anyways it's going to be a great night if football.

Big win for Michigan. Ohio completely folded when the squeeze came on, could have implications for their play off hopes, but even if they do make it they have a big recovery job on to make an impact.

Bye, bye LSU. They are 21 down in the fourth quarter.

How far do the Buckeyes fall? I think at best they'll be fifth. As said above they completely fell apart when the screw was turned with all eyes watching and it's not a good luck.

USC beat Notre Dame and now they wait for the result of the Washington Vs Washington State game to see who they face in the PAC 12 Championship game. If Washington win they face Utah, if State win they face Oregon.

It's made because Oregon beat Utah

Utah beat USC this season so it'd make an interesting matchup.

Lsu certainly sh1t on the eggs last night alright.

Looks like a bit of a shake up in the top 4 playoffs this year, which is no harm, with no Ohio or Alabama present, as well as other perennials Oklahoma.

USC AND TCU 'just' have to stay upright next week in the conference games, not 100% straightforward exercise for either team but certainly doable and games they should be winning if they have any notions of winning a championship.

It was the Caleb Williams show in the USC game last night though, a real highlight reel for the Heisman selectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I think the top 3 (Georgia, Michigan, TCU) are in regardless of what happens next week. Definitely the case for Georgia and Michigan, and TCU have had the toughest strength of schedule in the country so even if they lose, they're probably staying in the top 4 regardless unless it's by 3+ scores which is unlikely.

Would be great for them all to win, and USC also. We would likely have the least controversial selection Sunday since it began, and 4 different conference champions.

I would not be surprised to see Michigan leapfrog Georgia to take the #1 spot.

USC play Utah, the only team to beat them this season. If they lose that I think they are out because they'll have lost twice to a team that was never ranked in the top 10. The Buckeyes are at 5 so it looks like they'll get in if USC lose although a very close game between Georgia and LSU could sneak Alabama in because they'd be closer to Georgia.

12 team post season playoffs incoming.

Is 12 too much - maybe 8 is enough, but money talks I guess. Twill be something to watch anyway.

It's all good for the players these days. Exposure leads to earnings and I'm delighted to see them be allowed to make money. For guys who are stars in college who won't be NFL players it's giving them a great start to life.

will the players be able to cash in (directly) on this then?

I know there has been some relaxing of rules of late, but are they still not strictly 'amatuer' ?

No, some of them are doing ads. Bryce Young is doing a Dr Pepper ad, it's funny.

Post edited by eagle eye on

• Advertisement

USC - Utah just about to kick-off. Would love to see USC go all the way, but Utah have been the bogey team of late so this is a big game. Should be a cracker.

USC looked like they were going to run away with it taking a 17-3 lead but it's all level at 17-17 at halftime.

USC down by 7 and Williams banged up. He's still in the game but noticeably limping.

Limp is getting worse, offensive line not holding up. It's looking very like an upset.

Utah got a ten.point lead but Williams got it together to cut it to three. Utah on the move again though. And just as I was about to post, 60 yard td for Utah. Ten point lead again.

Still ten minutes left. 34-24 Utah.

Win or lose, Williams has certainly sewn up the Heisman tonight for sure.

Williams got it down to the Utah 20 and then throws a pick. It's game over bar a miracle now.

Buckeyes will get in so long as Michigan win tomorrow.

TD Ute's, 41-24.

Lincoln Riley needs to hire a real defensive co-ordinator. He brought Alex Grinch with him from Oklahoma. The Sooners couldn't defend to save their lives under him and it's been pretty much the same this year for the Trojans.

Has he? I think tonight opens the door for Max Duggan if he has a great game tomorrow.

I think Caleb should get it based on the season but wins count a lot in the Heisman race. The last five winners had made the final four.

• Advertisement

47-24 final score. Utah might jump into the top eight. Hard to gauge how far USC falls after that. They lost twice to the same team and got mailed by them the second time. It's not a good look.

Advertisement