Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of the Dragon - GoT Prequel Series (non book reader)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would Rhaenyra have much of an army. I presume Alicents army would be far superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Given that Viserys backed Rhaenyra's son's claim to Driftmark (as well as Rhaenys agreeing to marry her grandaughters to Rhaenyra's sons) which is a huge naval army and that Viserys said Rhaenyra is his heir (and Alicent has no evidence of Viserys saying anything different, accidentally or not), I'd say it's pretty even.

There will definitely be those who disagreed with Viserys naming Rhaenyra as his heir rather than his first born son who will back Alicent/Aegon, and they're already implanted in King's Landing with Otto no doubt having plans/alliances in place, but it definitely seems aimed towards there being a fairly even match between both factions.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Few more kids to be introduced but so far:

King Viserys - Alicent Hightower

1. Aegon II (window menace, rapist)
    2. Aemond (one-eye)
    3. Helaena (autistic)

Rhaenrya - "Leanor" (Harwin Strong)

1. Jaceareys 'Jace' (taller)
    2. Lucearey 'Luke' (shorter)
    3. Joffery (toddler)

Daemon - Laena (suicide by dragon)

Twins:

1. Baela (Curly hair)
    2. Rhaena (Dreadlocks)

Rhaenrya - Daemon

1. Aegon III
    2. Viserys II

Ageon II - Helaena

2 sons and 1 daughter unnamed so far in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Like the mutual respect between Daemon and Aemond. Very interested to see what that culminates in.

Ep8 was a great one. Paddy Considine just went from strength to strength in his portrayal of Viserys.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Daemon/Aemond was definitely interesting. I'm not too sure the respect is mutual yet. Aemond seems to respect Daemon and recognise that he's a threat. I'm not too sure Daemon sees the same in Aemond yet, he merely stood in defence of Rhaenyra's sons knowing Aemond probably wouldn't challenge him. Daemon probably has little reason to know what kind of man Aemond is, especially as they haven't been in King's Landing or seen them in 6 years, though I'm sure Daemon would be careful enough to recognise his confidence and temperament.

Definitely a possible rivalry to keep an eye on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not just confidence or temperament: Daemon would be very familiar with Aemond's dragon Vhagar since his late wife was her last rider.

Vhagar is, IIRC, the oldest dragon alive in the series (having been one of the three used by Aegon the Conquerer and his sisters to conquer Westeros nearly 150 years before the events of this series) and more than twice the size of Daemon's Caraxes (who'd be at least twice as large as Drogon was by the end of GOT).

Of the dragons we've seem to date, only Meleys (ridden by Princess Rhaenys) would come close to Vhagar.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,347 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

8: Right so. Two episodes left and I'd be thinking they'll be going big.

The subtitles made note that the breating stopped so fair assumption that the throne is in play.

Whatever about the pushing and shoving this episode, it's going to be all-in and pik a side and the fight for the throne will kick off.

Rhaenyras last words to Alicent about returning on dragonback may not turn out with the same intention .. unless they are allowing for a funeral.

Some technical stuff about this episode...

1: Someone/the team on the camera/production team did some great shots in on both Emma D'Arcy (Rhaenyra) and Eve Best (Princess Rhaenys). Eve Best did the best face acting with those shots, she looked like a leadery type queen in them so much I was thinking she looked like she could do well as one in another show or something similar.

2: Who ever cast Ewan Mitchell, Alicents son Aemond , as a Targaryen did a great job. He's the spit of Matt Smith. He also did a great job of copying Daemons mannerisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

matt smith doesn't look aged up, he should look much older then his niece

• Advertisement

They haven't done a good job aging the older actors (except Pappy Considine of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

The age difference is only 16 years for the characters. And about 10 in real life, so it's probably close enough.

I've noticed the old GoT meme community have gotten behind the show.

Vicerys and his Lego set seem particularly popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That must be a properly massive cathedral doorway😲

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭corkie

Rhaenyra Targaryen (who, like Daemon and the rest of her Dragonstone contingent sits this episode out) is supposed to be upon the Iron Throne. The fact that she is not is fundamentally a declaration of war, as Ser Otto Hightower (Rhys Ifans) and his legions of traitorous goons are well aware of.

Was surprised we didn't have them making an appearance? Saving their reaction for the final of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

great show.... is it finished? the season?

needs more of Matt being a bollox...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well that is how you end an episode

nevermined

Post edited by pjcb on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭McFly85

Good episode overall, but:

Why wouldn’t Rhaenys burn them all to a crisp? She was being held captive by them against her will with her grandchildren’s future on the throne practically secure with them all out of the way.

Ive been liking the smaller scale of the show compared to GoT but that felt like one of that shows late season moments, we have budget for spectacle so sense be damned.

• Advertisement

I was expecting Rhaenyra to turn up at the coronation. It sets things up nicely for next week with Rhaenys as a key ally. All out war.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Couple of Cain v Abel or Hound v Mountain sibling rivalry potentials in that episode.

I’m guessing we’ll see the two twin Knightsguards (Erryk and Arryk) on opposite sides in the civil war and having to come face to face in battle some day.

Will Aemond be another contender for the throne? He definitely wants it and sees himself as more worthy than his brother although I don’t think he’s right in his thinking that he’d be next in line as Aegon has a son.

Lastly, what the hell was the scene between Alicent and Larys about - didn’t seem necessary to the story at all? Just odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Would be a very short war if she had 😉

My only theory is that she didn’t want to be a Kingslayer.

so all Rhaenyra did was kill a load off poor folk, way that the only way out of the pit?

He has some fantasy obsession with feet. There are people I believe out there that have this weird obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

😂

Dodgy foot has a foot fetish.

I loved the music in tonight’s episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

9: Filler episode! 😁 .. Nah I'm joking.. but kinda.

That was pretty cool. Real kinda spies and plots and finishing off with a big moment!

I was like.. don't be a cliffhanger! don't be a cliffhanger! don't be a cliffhanger! and in the end I was ok with what we got.

Rhaenys is off to break the news to Rhaenyra anyway.

Aegon seemed to come around and want to be King too.

Is yer wan, the 'worm', dead then.. burned to death? .. didn't see a body though...

One episode left. Then season two whenever it comes.

I'd guess.. a full war will be kept for the second season. They might still show some startings of it though. That happened in an early season of Game of Thrones if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

Quentin Tarantino for one. He always includes close-ups of feet.

Advertisement