Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of the Dragon - GoT Prequel Series (non book reader)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

That was a great finale to a brilliant first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭thefa

I got worried for the young fellas as soon as it was suggested to send them as messengers.

I had low expectations coming into the series but it’s been a blessing. The season grew on me as it went by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Great episode.

Smooth move by the kingsguard who stole the crown.

Darcy was great again this episode. Real look of Dracarys in the eyes at the end.

Big question is though what happened to Viserys class Warhammer table.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

This far exceeded my expectations as well. Much more politically focused, with a real sense of the actual game of thrones kicking off. Dialogue that generally sounded smart unlike another recent fantasy series.

The acting was strong too for the most with some great new faces : the younger cast did well, especially young Rhaenyara.

Much more excited for this second season and helps blot away the final season of Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Good finale, all the players are in place for the civil war. Things should be less confusing next series without anytime skips.

I'm actually looking forward to the next season which is not something I expected from Game if Thrones again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Totally agree.

Monday nights are gonna have a void until Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’m going to watch it all again but this time with a notebook and pen. There are so many little details (and probably bigger) that I missed and I also want to start tying into the game of thrones era.

Like, who spawned the mad king? DON’T TELL ME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

I find this guy's reviews excellent:

Might save you!

That episode really showed that having "a dragon" isnt as important as which dragon.

Only 4 have seen war (maybe 5) and 2 are riderless. I assume all the unseen children on the Black side could be very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭boccy23

The size difference surprised me. If that is the case, the number of dragons on each side is irrelevant and it will be much more about the size. I assumed that a younger one would indeed be smaller, but not to the extent as seen. Also when Damon talks about having dragon eggs, then that is superfluous to the upcoming battles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

One thing is for sure, the Lannisters are real jerks throughout the generations.

The actor who players Aemond has the most prominent chin seen on telly since Jimmy Hill.

Have to say, I really enjoyed that. Emma D'arcy was superb in the finale, and I thought the frame at the end was like Daenarys when she eventually broke in GOT. Poor woman was through the ringer that episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

It didn't take that long for Daenerys dragons to grow to a large size.

I assume Aemond's is larger as it hatched long before he was born, so has had a lot more tome to grow to that size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Aeamonds dragon Vhager was Leana Velaryons before she died

Vhagar goes all the way back to the original conquest of Westeros so very symbolic as well as powerful.

Post edited by breezy1985 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I suppose she isn't called Queen of all dragons for nothing. That scene where she flys up to attack Arrax kind of surprised me how big she is

It might not be just age either as in GoT they point out that the dragons kept getting smaller so their may be a connection to Valyria or some form of dragon inbreeding changing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Captivity and breeding them to be more obedient can do that too. Or maybe GoT's dragons are like dogs and come in different sized breeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Daemons dragon looks weird, not that big either.

Big enough. We have seen him "fight" Vhagar already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So, that's season one. Had ups and downs. Didn't break any huge ground from what I could tell. Wasn't a season 8 game of thrones though so it didn't do terrible.

10: Right, well, that's that then. Just .. a bit wierd.. I didn't feel any deep connection to what happened.

I dunno.. I just didn't feel like they built enough of an on-screen bond between the audience and either the audience or Rhaenyra to really get a punch across from his death like that.

Solid work by Emma D'Arcy as Rhaenyra in this episode. The saddness in the beginning, the anger/fury by the end. Also wierdly.. how she reacted when Daemon grabbed her by the neck.. seemed right for a grown version of the way Milly Alcock acted.

Another episode where Eve Best did some solid Queen acting as Rhaenys

Oh.. and the twins facing off when Hightower brought terms was done well.

Future: Well.. it's set itself up for a season two and that holds promise. Whether it gets the budget to deliver will be a big question I think.

I think the general consensus is that the audience connection to Rhaenyra has been one of the strongest points of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Vhagar is the second biggest dragon to ever live & is a war dragon ,

Now we seen Vermithor who was being song to which is said to be the 4t biggest dragon ever if i remember correctly,

I noticed the 3 wild dragons where mentioned ., Cannibal would the 3rd biggest dragon to ever live so i wonder will he appear,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Cannibal isn't as big as Vermithor. It's a common misunderstanding brought on by a fan-made size comparison chart that's done the rounds many times but has a few mistakes in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I doubt there is much in the way if a credible size chart in the source material. GRRM isn’t great with scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Episode 1 was ~200 years before Game of Thrones. The Mad King, Danys etc are are a good few generations removed from this lot.

I think the Dragon that died was one of the smallest one. We seen one of Rhaeynera’s boys training his dragon in a episode before the time jump and it looked pretty small.

The discrepancy should be less with the Adult dragons on Team Dragonstone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Isn't Cannibal is said to be the second largest Dragon in the time of the Targaryen civil war ,

He is also thought ot be older that Vermithor, & Dragon keep growing,

its also a wild dragon so everything points to it being bigger than everyone but Vhagar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

are there images for these mythincal creatures?

Maybe I'm just useless at finding them but GoT don't seem as good as the likes of Star Trek for releasing artwork.

Would be nice to get an accurate size chart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Here is the supposed chart of all dragons...

Advertisement