Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression and Anxiety, is it caused by Failure to own a property?

Options
  • 22-08-2022 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

So Im 29,

Since I was 17 I have had bad depression and found it impossible to maintain friendships, Ive also never had a relationship.

In recent years all I can think about is how much of a loser I am for not owning a house, after covid I stopped renting and moved back home.

Im working two jobs, 40k in my main role in marketing and get about 130 a week in my weekend work. People online have said nasty things about how 40k is a low salary and been looking down on the qualifications I have, Arts degree in Sociology. This has made me intensely depressed when reaching out for help before

So I want to ask, will buying a home help me feel normal and happy? Or will my depression continue because of the low status of my degree, being single etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You're not doing this thread for a 20th time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement