Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killoe moorings

Options
  • 22-08-2022 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I am looking for a private mooring for a boat in the killoe area.

I have checked lough derg marina and they want 2800 for a freeman 27. Of which is around d €96 a foot.

I wasn't sure so the manager confirmed the price.

Most marinas charge 50-60 euro a foot of which is livable.

Is there any reasonable morrings in the area.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I'd say they mistyped and meant Killaloe.

Can easily happen.

I know Kiloo is near Clarecastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Lough Derg Marina is the only commercial marina that I know of around the village; otherwise it's just the public moorings (which have a limit on how long you can stay) or private berths for various apartments and estates. I believe there are a couple up in Dromineer, though, and one at Cloondavaun. There's also one at Coolbaun, but they charge even more than Lough Derg. There used to be one up at AnnaCarriga as well, but I think it's been closed since the resort shut down a few years back.

Advertisement