Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post pre-paid Mastercard

• 22-08-2022 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get a pre-paid mastercard from An Post for somone else eg. Son or daughter at college? I want to get one for my nephew who will go abroad in September to study for a year. I'd like him to have it as a back up incase he loses his day to day bank card. I want to put €1,000 (emergency fund).

Does anyone know if An Post prints the card holders name onto the card. Do I need to bring himself and his Identification into the post office with me to apply for the card, or can I do it without him ?

I keep meaning to call into the post office and ask them, but never get around to it. Thought I,d ask here if anyone got a card for somone else. If not, I,ll ask at the post office.

I read An Post website, but can't find anything about getting a card for another person.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Juran

Update: bought the card at An Post, I had to.show ID & address, and they took copies. I was issued with the card there and then, once I paid the amount. The post person scanned the barcode on the card letter which allows them up upload the money and link it to my identification. But anyone else can use the card.

There is no name on the mastercard, it comes with PIN number (scratch off the accomanying letter). Also, it provides a website where you can register it to view the balance, and top it up.

You can give to someone else, the buyers name does not appear on the card. That was my question.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I'd be interested to hear if he encounters any issues the card without a name it, when he does get around to using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Juran

Did you or someone you know have issues with a prepaid mastercard ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

No, that is why I'm asking that you let us know, in case there are so other can learn from your experience.

Advertisement