Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fermoy Rifle Club

• 22-08-2022 7:36pm

Does anyone know if Fermoy Rifle club is still active? I've tried emailing them and contacting them through their website but have received no reply.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Tried the same a few years back, never got a reply either.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Still going I believe. I was gone for a stroll in te woods a few months ago nearby and heard a good few shots being fired. Land up on a sunday afternoon I think they are open then. I'm not a member, also asked about joining years ago and heard nothing.

This is the one with the range on the backroad from Ballyhooly to Killavullen right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You'd imagine that most clubs would be crying out for new members and would make it easy for potential members to make contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

I wrote to some NI clubs and they stated that you need to be seconded by an existing member so it sort of seems hard to get in..

Anyway, What sort of range does formay have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

They are still open and accepting new members, I just emailed fermoyrifleclub1992@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,059 ✭✭✭clivej

Competition on there, 1st and 2nd of April

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bmmb88

@zxthinger NITSA in Newry are accepting members. If you are a menber of Country sports ireland (insurance) they will sponser you for a visiters pass,very simple to do.

Advertisement