Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intro Financial Support for QQI LEVEL 6 Course

Options
  • 22-08-2022 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi

Apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong section!

I am a stay at home mum receiving no government payments. I am at home for 6 years and I am considering joining the "paid" work force again!

Before I do though and to give me a bit of confidence I want to do a course. But I wonder could anyone tell me if I would be eligible for any financial support to pay for the course or part pay for it.

I am just curious, I tried calling today but got through to a call centre and the guy couldn't advice me!

I may very well have to call into my local office

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Yonce

Susi would probably cover it depending on household income and level of past education.

Intero would usually give a cost of education allowance of about €500 euro but as far as I know you'd need to be in reciept of back to education allowance for that, and you'd need to be in reciept of a jobsekers payment a certain amount of time to qualify for BTEA.

Springboard courses level 6 are fully funded might be something to look at.

Citizens advice would be a good call to make also.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

Springboard are to high a level for what I want.....

Thanks for your advise

Citizens advice is a good idea!

Advertisement