Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Area recommnedation for families

Options
  • 23-08-2022 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Recently returned to Ireland from abroad with my young family (3 kids under 8). Originally from Dublin but have no interest in living there. Have been looking in Wicklow& Wexford at more rural properties near the sea, but close enough to a small town/ school (15min drive).

Have looked at greystones/ Delgany/ Newtownmountkennedy , they all seem fairly pricey to live in a small house in an estate.

Also looked in wexford.. Castletown/Tara Hill/ Ballymoney, better bang for your buck, but how is the community/ lifestyle there with kids? Is there a big sporting community? Do kids bus to school in Gorey?

Any info would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What about closer to Enniscorty, my outlaws have a house near ballykeen and it looks like a nice village, primary school there. Nice beaches near by and schools in Enniscorty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

In Wexford close to the sea/beach and 10-15 minutes to Wexford town you have screen/curracloe/blackwater/castlebridge. All lovely communities and plenty of GAA/sport around for the kids as well. There's a primary school in curracloe and any amount of primary/secondary in Wex town.

Further south in Wexford you have Rosslare strand which is right on the coast and is a lovely area also only 15 minutes to the bigger Wexford town.

Wexford town itself has some nice communities just outside town boundaries and a 5-10 minute spin into town. Barntown/cleariestown/piercestown/murrintown.

I genuinely wouldn't have a bad word to say about any of the areas I've mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Tara Hill and Castletown would still be mostly permanent population. Castletown has a very active GAA scene. Tara Hill has a national school as does Castletown. I would expect secondary school for all would be Gorey with a choice of three secondaries. Ballymoney would have a much greater influence from holidaymakers.

the alternative would be Gorey itself if you want to stay within striking distance of Dublin and/or need to commute part time.

Advertisement