Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel Virgin Media?

Options
  • 23-08-2022 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,

I need to cancel my virgin media account/contract as I'm moving to a new house and will use a different provider. I tried calling them but after 30+ min I couldn't get through to anyone. I can't spend all my time on the phone canceling a service, is there any other way I can do that?

If I just cancel the direct debit, what happens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bazmo

Send an email to cancel@virginmedia.ie quoting your account number and wish to cancel in 30 days. You will shortly receive an automated response (if all is correct) saying that the cancellation will proceed 30 days after the date on the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Hey all. Can anyone let me know if this is still the case? I have mailed the above (someone else told me the same) But have had no response back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Yes, did it the other day, got usual auto response followed up with we will be in touch about the cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Whatever method you choose - make sure you get a confirmation email ("we're sorry you are leaving"... type email).

Do not depend on an automated response from an email address. NEVER just cancel the direct debit. They bill in arrears, you will own them money. Leave the DD in place until everything is paid.

Personally, never had an issue with calling them - usually no more than 10 or 15 minutes on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Recently tried to cancel VM, waited on the phone multiple times for 30mins + with no luck.

I emailed the above and immediately cancelled the DD - I'd highly recommend.

After the 1st month VM actually phoned me looking for their outstanding payment. I was more than happy to pay what I owed, and it was great I actually got to speak to a human and got them to transfer me to the cancellation team. My advice; give them notice, cut off the DD, they'll come looking for you then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement