Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placebo - 3Arena 5 December 2022

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Yeah Molko can suck a fat one. I don't like phones at gigs either but the heavy handed, snarky way this has been dealt with has soured this entire tour from the off. I don't think it's particularly healthy from him either. Honestly, it's a genuine mental fixation at this stage that seems to be done in the face of how detrimental and alienating it is to a lot of proper fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

My first time seeing Placebo, great band and I'm a fan of the new album. However, I thought the gig was overall so so, and pretty flat at times. I didn't overly mind the phone rant, granted I was worried they would walk off when a person kept blatantly filming when Brian asked him directly to stop. Security just flashed the torch a few times and that was that. The lack of big tunes didn't really help, especially in the encore! What sounded like a 99% playback version of Shout, a deep cut from the new album and a slow burn Running up that Hill to finish. I think the band could have put together a better balanced setlist. No doubt a smaller venue would have helped the atmosphere too. Hard to know how many tickets thry sold, GA was very spacious and a lot of seats where curtained off. Hopefully thry do the Olympia next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Not great reviews for this gig compared to Arcade Fire's..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Just reading through these reviews and glad I didn't get tickets now. One of my all time favourite bands, but the new album is only OK. I also have great memories of being in the pit at Oxegen 2006, and also the SFX in I think 1999, and amazing night in the Olympia in 2000 - I remember they had to pause mid-gig as the ceiling started to fall down on the drummer. I would be so disappointed with the lack of old tracks - think I read to expect that here last year so decided to skip. But it sounds like Brian has become a little too moody and snarky with his fans.

Advertisement