Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connect two modems in one house.

Options
  • 23-08-2022 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All, I am looking for help in connecting two eir modems . One end of my house the wifi is very bad so i had a spare modem f2000 eir aand i thought i could connect the 2 with ethernet cable so i went out and bought 15 meters of it ( cat 5 ) lol. anyway the second modem shows up on my laptop without internet connection?. the first modem i will call modem 1 and the second one ill call modem 2 this is the one I am trying to connect for wifi at other end of house. I connected ethernet cable in lan port of modem 1 to lan port 1 of modem 2 it shows up as a connection but when i put in pass word it wont connect . any help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance. ps I am with eir on fiber broadband 100mb at modem 1. thanks Eoin.

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We're not creating a new forum for the sake of this. Just use the pre-existing Networking forum:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/nets-comms

Advertisement