Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retails shop questions

• 24-08-2022 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

in the past few months I have been asked my name in a local betting shop when placing my bets. When I’ve asked why I’m kinda fobbed off.. oh something we have to do. Then I notice the retailer typing on the keypad which is unusual.

this evening again, different person behind till, scanned my bets and again started typing before handing my slip back. I’m getting used to it now on the two shops.

I am guessing my bets are being tracked and some notes are written with the betting slip.

when I bet elsewhere not in the locality my bet slip is scanned and given back to me within seconds, no questions, no typing.

Would this be a thing a bookie does, tag a persons bets to see profit /loss?

Can a customer get access to any info held on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

You must be getting good info if that's the case or just simply winning.

What exactly are you betting on?

They track people who are betting reasonable large sums on stuff like evening greyhound meets and who

are usually in profit, folks in the know or just good gamblers who watch all day and might just have one big bet...the non mug types.

You clearly aren't a mug by the sound of it anyway.

It's highly unlikely you'll get any info they have on you, your account/name might be flagged to head office simply

because you are winning, bookies have always done this and have at times rang head office to get permission

to accept bets from certain customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Is it Ladbrokes by any chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Subject Access Request needed. Hit them with the myriad of GDPR regulations and see what they have on you.

They'll probably tell you to f off.

Advertisement