Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twin mums how long did you work to while expecting?

Options
  • 24-08-2022 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

twin mum to be here, just over 6 months now:) I'd love to hear other twin mums experience in terms of how long they were able to work to while expecting twins?

My job isn't too physically demanding, however its a high pressure job with a long commute too. I'm not sleeping well and find commute is getting tougher as the days go on. My energy levels are very low. Before pregnancy I was very active and couldn't sit still, whereas now, I'll nap at any given opportunity.

I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling somewhat guilty (don't even know if that's the right way to describe it) about finishing up at work. I've so many big projects on that I won't have closed out before I leave and I guess I feel extra pressure about that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kniaodha

The answer to this can vary quite a lot! Having had twins myself and knowing a few others I would say the chances are you may need to be signed off medically from work a few weeks earlier than expected as the pressure on your body and drop in energy levels will ramp up quickly as the weeks go by.

I sympathize with the guilt feelings but please remember your job know you are going on mat leave and if they have had any pregnant employees previously they should know that you can go on sick leave at any moment! As with leave or sudden illness for any job, for any reason, they will survive without you! and if they struggle that is not on you but their own lack of planning.

You need to concentrate on looking after yourself and preparing for the arrival of two babies :) You will be discussing at your bimonthly checkups at the hospital how you are feeling and they will be checking your protein levels/ bp etc. So be sure to be honest in those and explain your commute etc as they will give you a note for sick leave when you feel you have reached you limit or your body is showing signs of distress.

Remember you are growing two babies and its very hard work! Best of luck to you.

Advertisement