Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Euro currently trading week against the Dollar and if so when is it likely to change?

• 24-08-2022 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Also what are the reasons for this? I know they were both at parity for a while recently.

When will the markets favour the Euro again?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The reason the dollar is strong is because of the actions of the US Fed. They have increased rates far more aggressively than the EU.

When the US rises rates and the EU barely does anything, it means people/institutions buy dollars, sell euros because they can invest in dollar denominated bonds that give a decent return compared to the EU bonds.

And as rising rates strengthens a currency, it means even more investors sell euro for dollars, pushing the dollar stronger again.

In short, the US Fed are taking stronger action to fight inflation than the ECB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A Euro could buy as much as US$1.60 or as little as US$0.83 at times since 2000. But I have no idea what will happen in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Listendernow

Great time to be getting paid in dollars. I expect the gap to increase since the FED can actually control their currency somewhat whereas the ECB has its hands tied.

Advertisement