Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splatoon 3 (September 9th)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I like Splatoon, but I'm finding it hard to get excited about this tbh. Just looks like the most incremental of incremental sequels. Splatoon 2 already was a pretty minor update anyway, so I'm not sure the third time's a charm if it's just the same thing again.

Will wait for the reviews, but it's a shame Nintendo - known for taking very big swings with sequels - has settled on fairly straightforward, unambitious sequels for these games. There'll really need to be some extra 'oomph' beyond what the trailers and previews have shown for this to be worth another 40-50 quid, especially as the campaign modes so far have been fairly ho-hum anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Splatfest is this weekend, isn't it? I assume you can download and sign up for your team before it starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

This is getting great reviews for single and multi player and is selling lake crazy in Japan.

Even RTE has an article on it.

Someone must have told RTE not to laugh at people who play video games anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If my understanding of the genre is correct, it's a roguelite?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks fantastic, I've already bought the dlc, looking forward to it's release

• Advertisement
Advertisement