Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widening road for planning

Options
  • 24-08-2022 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering about my own land if somebody mite know. There is a guy just beside my land, he applied for planning for 6 log cabins 2 & 3 beds, a kids play ground etc. Now there is a few people that has objected to the site but he came to me the other day and said the only way for Him to get planning is if I get my hedge taken away plus take 1 more meter off my land for a new footpath. The council have told him this.

he did not mention any compensation or anything. What would this be worth if I ever decided to go for it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭893bet

Depending on the length of the hedge the amount of land you are losing is minimal all that run. 1/4 of an acre max? So 3k plus expenses for transfer….so 5k total is the Agri value. You would be mad to charge only this….I would be adding a zero…..You are about to 6 neighbours. People complaining about you spreading slurry. Complaining about cattle bawling at night as one for weaned. Kids on your land as an insurance risk.

Charge accordingly…..and ensure a hedge is replanted and a wire fence also.

Are you his only option or can he approach the farmer at the opposite side of the road? Might not be possible if there are houses built at that side of road already who have walls or piers in place etc. ?

Who has objected?

Post edited by 893bet on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The only way to decide what taking the metre is worth is to assess what he's building the log cabins for. Some kind of business venture I assume. What would the yearly profitability be for him? Make an estimate based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Has he asked you to sell the land to him or gift it to the council or will you still own the land and the footpath?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Is there any advantage for you and would it add value to your holding.if not it's up to him to make you an offer and if it up to you to accept or refuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Matty6270

I am his only option as the road just narrows at my land, and also the footpath stops before my land, it is only my side also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

There was another thread like this here before, might be worth searching for it.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement