Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive from Bord Gais not working

Options
  • 25-08-2022 8:19am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

Hi, I'm looking to find out if anyone else received a free hive from Bord Gais when they signed up with them. I did last year and now the hive is not working. since Bord Gais increased their prices and I was out of contract with them I moved providers.

I contacted hive in the UK and the person I was talking to said I should have received a hub with the hive, which I did not. the hub acts between connecting the heating system to the app on your phone. because I don't have a hub I will be unable to use the hive from my phone. The hive support Centre said I should have received a hub from Bord Gais at the time of installation. the charge for a hub alone was £60, but when she realized I was calling from Ireland she said I would have to contact Bord Gais directly. Bord Gais are selling starter kits which includes the hub for €200

1. am I the only person who did not receive a hub when I had the hive installed?
    2. is this false advertising? they only provide a hive and then when it stops working you need to buy a starter kit costing €200 to get a hub.
    3. I have no receipt or proof that a hub was not given to me.
    4. Bord Gais have not returned with an answer.
    5. is there somewhere I can report this?

thank you in advance for your feedback and I hope I have made myself clear in my message.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement