Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terex 860sx 2008 digger - what to look for

Options
  • 25-08-2022 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am going to look at a Terex 860sx, 2008 model tomorrow. Anyone have any advice what I should be looking out for?

Wear on pins, bushings and driveshafts are the obvious ones but there is always a few points to note with every make/model!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Grueller

Know nothing about them but a particularly unsympathetic neighbour towards machinery has a 2000 one of them so 22 yrs old and has never had a minutes bother. It has 11000 hrs on it now. It would have next to nothing done on the back actor but has done a fair shot of loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

A few threads about Terex on The Farming Forum (UK site). Could ask over there too and you might get an a few more answers by tomorrow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Have a look on YouTube as well, tips for buying a used digger or backhoe.

Also try looking on the plant talk forum in the UK as well.

Only thing I could think of is engine mount rubbers. It might never have had any, but if they’re worn they will affect the shaft going to the pump. Put a bar between the chassis rail and the engine sump and see does it rock.

Take someone with you that knows the machine as well. They’ll have a better idea than me what to look for.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement