Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rights to be informed on repair work of vehicle?

• 25-08-2022 3:25pm

My Car was recently rear-ended,

I have spoken to the repair shop today and they have informed me that my car is ready to be picked up.

I asked them if I could have a report on the work carried out, but they refused and said the insurance company informed them that they were not to hand out any information on the work.

I spoke to the insurance company and they told me they won't provide any information on the work at this stage, simply told me to pick up my car!

I am the injured party, it is not my insurance but that of the vehicle that hit me.

I also have issues with their work because the Bodyshop claimed that some damage to the car was not part of the accident, namely sensors giving off warnings, its my belief the sensor or wiring are damaged from the impact and I want to know if this was checked, I suspect it hasn't been because the garage claimed it was not part of the claim from the start.

Do they have to show you a report of the work they have done, or can I be fobbed off like this?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement