Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamerfest RDS October

Options
  • 25-08-2022 4:09pm

Saw ads for it before a YouTube video.

Wonder if the organizers have any of the same team who ran that expo in the convention center in 2015 that was quickly swept under the carpet.

Can't find other info on it at present.

Personally the jury is out.

What do other gamer boardsies think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That couldn't have been 2015????

The jury is so far out I won't be considering it in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

that was not 7 years ago!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I don't know who was involved in 2015 but the CEO for Gamerfest is Stuart Dempsey, who also runs Legion eSports. I don't know him from Adam so not sure if that allays fears or heightens them 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If it's anything like literally every other "gamer" show, it'll cater to money and kids. Can't remember which one it was, but went to one about 10 years ago below in Killarney in the INEC. After 8pm, there was a quiz for over 18s. Now, I don't drink anymore so maybe it wouldn't be as good now, but it was nice to have something aimed at the older audience for once. The rest are all the same, retro area, GameStop merch, couple of devs you've probably never heard of with games you'd never play, a cosplay competition, hosted by some annoying YouTuber with paid greetings with said YouTuber and co.

Advertisement