Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POE doorbell

• 26-08-2022 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a POE doorbell, I want to put one at my electric gate. All I can see online is the ring elite and it doesn't seem to be stocked anymore, would like it to work on my Google home too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

I can't "recommend" it per se as its not yet available but just pre-ordered a Reolink one for myself, hopefully getting it in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EletricMan

@dam099 did you end up getting it? How do you find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭dam099

I did get it just before Christmas. Happy with the performance, video is clearer than my Ring Doorbell 3 and its much more reliable, no dropouts that I have observed. I have it integrated into Home Assistant and recording to my NAS so no need for the optional cloud sub.

I think the phone app could have a slightly better interface but its still very usable, no rich notifications though on the POE model (oddly can be got on the WiFi model but it also needs the cloud sub).

It also wont ring an existing chime, you are limited to the plug in one that comes with it (and if you want a second one they don't sell them separately yet as stock seems to be an issue).

Advertisement