Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Costs

Options
  • 26-08-2022 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm following this forum over the last few weeks as we are bidding on a house that will need considerable work assuming we get it at the right price. ( South dublin for info)

So I'm just trying to do up figures a few things the basic assumption I'm going with from some threads I have read are

Retrofit 1500 a sq/metre

What quality of finish is that?

Would it include windows doors, new heating system and full rewire?

150 sq metres = 225k

New Extensions 3500 a sq metre

New single story kitchen extension and new bedroom over the garage? Looking at 40 sq metre kitchen and 20 sq metre bedroom with ensuite.

Then I assume we need to add other costs also like

Architect: I see quotes of 7% of build going by above 30K

Engineer: what we talking 10K

QS: Not a clue any ideas..

Ouch I hope my figures are way off as it seems madness but as I write this I'm looking at 500k before i'm finished. I think I may stay put as current house didnt cost that..

regards

kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A 1500e retrofit would be close to a full strip and re-fit internally.

New kitchen/ bathrooms, New finished flooring/ tiling etc, Replacement windows, Insulation upgrade, upgrade heating, electricals. Not quite fully gutting the place, which would be 2000, but extensive work.

Extension, maybe 2500. Could be 3500 depending on level of finish. How long is a piece of string situation.

So probably 400k, or higher if you going for high spec. Basically building most of a 210sqm house.

Ouch I hope my figures are way off as it seems madness but as I write this I'm looking at 500k before i'm finished. I think I may stay put as current house didnt cost that..

Is it 210sqm?

Advertisement