Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name used on letter to minister without consent

Options
  • 26-08-2022 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there

I found out my name was digitally added to a letter to the minister without my consent.

The decision has already been made.

However my name means something to me and so I am wondering if I can still remove my name or are these letters retained on record in some form?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,675 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The issue would be with the person/organisation who used your name without your consent, not with the Minister. You should you request them to correct the record.

You can also write to the Minister clarifying that your name was used in error in a letter, but the Minister can't change the correspondence they received, just add your clarification to the record.

If this was about something official (e.g. change of ownership of car) rather than just a lobbying letter (e.g. more money for the local GAA club), the use of your name by the person/organisation may be illegal, but whether that is a civil or criminal wrong, will depend on the context.

Advertisement