Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for midweek lunch Blanchardstown?

Options
  • 26-08-2022 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭

Meeting a friend in the next few weeks and as I work in town I'm not used to picking a venue out here. I know a few new places have opened up lately so looking for suggestions for bookable, nice but reasonable. Browns doesn't seem to have a lunch menu and Rudy's isn't a favourite. Maximilian's doesn't open Mondays. Suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Crowne Plaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Faridaweeda

The Golden Arches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

I asked the same a few months back and was happy with this place https://www.thelockkeeper.ie/ food was good and actually not too dear (compared to other suggestions!).

It's in Ashtown which mightn't be as D15 as you want it to be. But handy beside trainstop. Or walk down canal from blanch village or castleknock if you've time to spare for a 'nice walk'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'm only getting sandwiches, subs and wraps on their lunch menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

You looking for a hot meal kinda thing then ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Maybe a pub/restaurant like the anglers. I'm not sure what's open though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Angler's Rest as suggested above is good, have only ever been for dinner but a bit pricey.

One of my favorites in the area is Spice of India in Clonsilla village, was never really a fan of Indian before since some places use a lot of poor quality and fatty meat. Nothing great to look at from the outside but the food and service is very good and food quite reasonable. Presume they do lunch but you'd need to check that.

Post edited by Dr_Colossus on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Maximillians has a smaller restaurant downstairs that is open for lunch every day. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Java Republic if you can go as far as Ballycoolin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

Java Republic and the hotel bar in Tyrrelstown are both very good for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 palmtrees01

What’s the hotel restaurants like? Can you just pop in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

Try the Castleknock Hotel. Usually has a good menu.

Also Luttrellstown Golf Club.

Advertisement