Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Gas/Electric bill/ TV/broadband bill?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭boardlady

Electricity: approx €250 per month now with the price increases ..

Oil and solid fuel: Oil is about €1,000 to €1,500 annually now. Coal €400 annually. Timber is free as it's our own.

TV: €10.99 netflix and €7.99 amazon prime. An extortionate €47 monthly for Sky while we wait to get a smart TV and saorview ..

Broadband: €25 p/m

Phone: €20 vodafone payg. I like the sound of the GOMO mobile .. must look in to that. Any tips? I'm rural so coverage can be awkward. I'm not a caller, mainly a whatsapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭boardlady

I see the gomo is €14.99 p/m now. I'm guessing you all signed up to an earlier plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭glen123

Check out this offer from Virgin

tenner for 12 months and then you can move elsewhere.

48.ie are 12.99 (coverage would be the same as Three) but their roaming abroad isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The view from over the water - 4 bed semi, 2 adults + 2 kids <7yrs

Broadband/TV/Phone - Virgin Media @ £46pm (BB 300/30, TV bundle decent, has BT Sport, phone never once connected).

Netflix top package from Turkey which is about £4 now after recent rise. Youtube Premium is from Argentina at a couple of quid.

Gas/Electric - British Gas @ £200pm, currently over paying slightly even with the new mental pricing which is due to go up again in April!

Mobiles - 2 * Samsung S21 FE on O2 @ ~£50pm (fairly unlimited, bundles so high that I've long forgotten the limits), work are giving out horrid phones so I've elected to pay for my own. . .and the darling wife's. I'd normally just go with Giffgaff @ £10 a month but had to move for the good deal on the phone.

UK specific

Council Tax @ 1998.36 for the year. Usually paid over 10 months so you can do the maths on that. I've paid it off early so I can forget about that until April.

Water @ £15pm in, £15pm out - 2 different companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭lucalux

All electric 2 bed house, 1 person.

All monthly costs:

Electricity: €175-200 but rising, no storage heaters turned on yet

Phone: €20 every 28 days

Broadband: None, use AYCE Data with phone plan

Netflix: Free (shared by family member)

Spotify: €3ish (family plan)

Prime Video/Twitch: €4

YT Premium: €2.50

Cancelled NowTV when they started playing ads, and have to get Duolingo Plus soon again but that works out ok for what it is I find

• Advertisement
Advertisement