Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toenail fungus

Options
  • 27-08-2022 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice. Have toenail fungus on x2 toes and tried x2 courses of Curanail. Rolling 1.5 years later and still bad as ever.

Does anyone have an at home remedy that will guarantee to clear this, I see a few different products ranging from 30-40 euro but don't want to waste time and money again.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Vick, worked for me after years of it. Toenails were so bad they used to fall off. Recent years Vick kept popping up an the net as a cure that worked so used it, didn’t expect much tbh but wore open sandals for the first time in years this summer.

Edit: just to add it worked fast too, less than three months.

Post edited by dePeatrick on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,615 ✭✭✭✭downcow

terbinafin tablets from your doctor. Don’t waste your time on costly creams and nonsense which seem useless when you can get the tablets for free. Absolute guarantee but it still needs to grow out - and may come back in due course if you don’t take some care

I am about to start a course Had it about 10 years ago and terbafine was the perfect solution. a couple of family members also had 100% success with them

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fungal-nail-infection/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

Let us know where you can get tablets for free won't you?!

whole process free here

doc also done a blood test which is to check your liver function as they won’t give you them if you have a dodgy liver.

I knew you guys paid for doc appointments but I thought your prescriptions were now free?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

Doctor Visit €50

Bloods €20

None of what you are describing is free for people that work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

used curanail, 100% works but fûck me it takes ages. Mild infection but took about two and a half years of use to fully eradicate the infection.

reviews on Amazon and elsewhere suggest similar experiences from most users.

apologies. I am in Northern Ireland where Doctor visit, bloods and all medications are free. That said, I can recommend the terbinafine tablets. I know lots of people have used them with 100% success. Immediate cure but it takes 6 months for you toenail to grow out. You will see the healthy nail coming in a month or so. You need to continue tablet for 4-6 months

Even with rates you mention above, I think it compares well with stuff bought online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I struggled with toenail fungus for ages. I tried OTC treatments and tabs from the doc but eventually it turned into onychogryphosis and I had to get the nail removed. After all that it only took a few seconds to whip it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

My Polish Wife reckons this is the way to go with it, apparently its fairly successful method.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What, whipping off the toe-nails or going for the OTC/prescribed remedy? 😂

If it's just whipping off the nails, what brand of vodka does she recommend beforehand?

• Advertisement

I was glad to finally get rid of it. The new nail hasn't grown back fully though. I just have half a nail now. At least it looks better than the previous monstrosity which resembled a battered curly wurly.

How did you go about it ? Visit to doctor, local anesthetic and then take off?

Also,....did it hurt ?😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Go to your GP and see what they say, no point getting the nail off when it needn't be required. No they numb it so you won't feel it when getting it off.

Ok sound. Just looking at your username there, I heard recently peeing in the shower is actually good for your feet it prevents TNF.

Just thought I'd throw that out there !

Your GP can't do it. You have to get referred to a hospital. Local anesthetic so you don't feel anything but it is sore for a few days afterwards, especially when changing the dressing. That's the worse part. Although as pissy said, it might not be required in your case.

Advertisement