Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleted Main Home-Screen Address-Bar-Search-Box that recalls Phone's Apps

• 27-08-2022 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Phone-Wide problem more-so than Android-specific problem I think, please move if elsewhere more appropriate....

I accidentally deleted the Search-Box / Address-Bar thing on the main First Home-Sceen. I have like 7/8 Screens of Apps to swipe through to get to any Apps, and usually that Search-Box / Address-Bar on the main Home-Screen (1st Page of my Apps,) can recall/retrieve any App when I key in the first three letters of the App that I want. I guess this Search-Box doubles / acts as a Google Address-Bar too...

But anyways I accidentally deleted this Search-Box Address-Bar thingy, and I've no idea how to get it back and no idea how to get to my Apps quickly, without having to scroll through 7 / 8 Screens of Apps to get to the App that I want!!

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or how I can get it back?!? Is it something that comes built in to the Phone? Is a Factory-Reset the only way I'll get it back, or is there another way to get it back?

I have tried adding Google Search Bars to my Phone's Home Screen, and adding Widgets etc., but I don't think they're the same as whatever this original Search-Box thing was... Adding a Google Search Bar to my Phone's Home Screen does let me use it as a standard Address-Bar / Search-Bar, but unlike the original Search-Box I had, - keying in 3 Letters of an App name *doesn't* bring up / retrieve any Apps on my Phone for me... I can't even find my Camera on all the 8 Screens of Apps I have... Or the Clock App to set any Alarms.. (However at least I can ask HeyGoogle to set my Alarm for me so that's something!) But yeah there's a few other Apps and things that I use regularly... And I need that Search-Box thing back so that it'll bring up any App I want when I key in 3 Letters of App's name, and it recalls and retrieves it straight away...:-( :-(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hold your finger on the homescreen and choose Widgets. Under Google there is a search bar. I'm pretty sure that's what you want.

Also, are you sure it's not just at the bottom of your main home screen? That's where mine is and I can't remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have tried adding Google Search Bars to my Phone's Home Screen, and adding Widgets etc., but I don't think they're the same as whatever this original Search-Box thing was... Adding a Google Search Bar to my Phone's Home Screen does let me use it as a standard Address-Bar / Search-Bar, but unlike the original Search-Box I had, - keying in 3 Letters of an App name *doesn't* bring up / retrieve any Apps on my Phone for me...

It was at the top in my Phone. Might be on top and bottom in different Phones maybe..... There is a Setting to un-check Swipe-up-from-Bottom-of-Screen, don't know if that would help you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Have it now!! Under Settings in Home Screen, I just changed Classic Mode to With App Drawer Mode, and that brought back me Google Search Bar at the top on the Main Screen, and keying in 3 Letters to this particular Search-Bar calls up any App I want. So it obviously must be a different Google Bar than the Bar that can be added from Right-Click-Menu Add to Home Screen or adding a Widget. 'Cos that Bar doesn't retrieve Apps if I key in 3 Letters of Apps Names. But at least the Bar is back now that recalls Apps for me once I changed Classic Home Screen Mode to With App Drawer Mode..

Swiping up from the bottom does bring up a Search Box at the Bottom alright where you can search for any Apps Wheety, once I changed Classic Home Screen Mode.

Loads are giving-out online about Web searches not working correctly and App Prompts not recalling the actual Apps. Maybe there are problems with Updates too.

At least I have this back now anyway yay!

Advertisement