If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av receiver problem.

Options
  • 27-08-2022 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey guys

I purchased an av receiver ( Sony str dn1080) from you guys a few years back, the date im unsure ,you guys will know..

its been awesome to say the least up until recently... when ever I plug it in now it just keeps knocking on and off repeatedly , I've no idea as to why, I've tried taking all speaker cables out and still same issue, I'm lost!

Any ideas as to what it might be? Have you had similar experience with this issue?

and if possible it might be in warranty!

Any help to fix this or point me in the right direction guys would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi TGsmokesalot.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sony.

First thing to do would be to disconnect all the speakers and sources and try turning in on with nothing connected to see if it still happens.

If it does still haven then the unit is going into protect mode which unfortunately will mean it has developed a fault.

It is doesn't happen then connect one speaker at a time and each time one is connected switch it back on to see if it cuts off or not.

If you drop me a PM with your full name I can locate your account and check if it is in warranty for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tgsmokealot

Thanks Kenny , sent!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers TGSmokesalot.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.