Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those of you have switched from the public sector to private sector…

Options
  • 28-08-2022 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

How do you feel about your decision now? Do you regret leaving the public sector or are you enjoying the private sector? I worked years in the private sector and got a job in the public sector 5 years ago and everyone acted like it was such a great thing to be in the public sector. While I enjoy the job I do,I am getting tired of being “stuck” and the politics of the job: aka a seat warmer who is sh*te at their job can put on an amazing interview and get a better position on the promotion panel over someone who works extremely hard, but may not be great when it comes to interviews. It’s so stagnant and the place I’m in now is not flexible when it comes to remote working. I guess the only thing I enjoy anymore is the job I do (which could change if I ever get a promotion). I came across an ad for a private sector job at a completely remote working job with offices in Dublin and the benefits look amazing. I’m so tempted to apply, but want to hear what others feel who have made the switch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭_ptashek_

I've spent 7 years at UCD, before moving to the private sector in 2011. In a way I do miss the place, but I don't regret leaving. What exactly worries you in making the switch?

Advertisement