Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you buy a Sunday newspaper?

Options
  • 28-08-2022 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭

I rarely if ever buy a newspaper these days. I get my news online usually but the odd time I would by a Saturday Irish Times or a Sunday newspaper as a treat.

I got the Sunday independent today and there was a small (very small!) attached magazine with it and on its cover was Amy Huberman and in the main paper itself an article about Claire Byrne. I would swear that the last time I bought the Sunday Independent there was an article about Amy Huberman and how she dealt with Covid or maybe about her child. Something like that. Is this the usual fare of the Sunday Independent? The same people appearing to discuss how they got the flu or what wallpaper they got or whatever. It will be a rare treat indeed the next time I fork out four euro for this junk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You pay your money and take your chance or leave it on the shelf.

The Sunday Indo is more of a lifestyle/leisure purchase these days.

I don't bother myself as I find the Irish Times Saturday edition is enough for two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sunday Business Post maybe once a month.

Advertisement