Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery voltage low

• 28-08-2022 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I have an old DELL Dimension 8250 series PC that when I start the computer up, A black screen comes up with white text saying " Alert ! System Battery voltage is low Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run setup utility " Aswell as that the computer turns itself on sometimes I found it turned on a few times without me ever touching it. What do I need to do to fix this problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭STEE

Do I have to replace the battery ? How do I know what one it is ?

When you open the case there will be a button battery on the motherboard this will need replacing, its usually fairly visible.

It'll be a cr2032 3v if I recall. Remove the old one and double check might, you can get a new one in a camera shop, maybe even Tesco I think I've seen them.

Might be a good idea to check and make note of your BIOS settings before removing the battery and compare them once you replace it. Should be ok though.

Advertisement