Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NFL Show now on ITV

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus what? I assumed ITV went to great trouble to get it from BBC in the first place?

I blame ITV.

Never, ever let ITV near sports broadcasting. Only bad things happen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I know a lot of people won’t have it, but if you have free to air satellite, you can still catch (or more likely record) ESPN Monday Night Football at 1:30am on Monday (into Tuesday) on Channel 5. They also have an “NFL Endzone” show on Sunday mornings which I haven’t watched but gather is a bit of a different affair to The NFL Show.

Also free, you can log into the Dazn app without a subscription and access NFL Network (with live regular season games replaced with alternative programming). They do have some highlights available to non-subscribers as I recall - the short packages I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Tonight’s game is live and free on Sky 1.

Just noticed new Jason & Osi podcast appeared yesterday, will have a listen see if any light is shed on anything.

• Advertisement

Nope. Not a single mention of the tv show whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

VM are filling the slot with the Mike Tomlin show... which appears to the Steelers coach discussing their next game.

11am Saturdays on VM2

On VM4 in the early hours of Sunday morning.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yes ITV definitely wanted the terrestrial rights to the NFL some background on the deal signed 2022 is in this link below

It could well have been NFL UK pulling the highlights show possibly due to poor late night ITV ratings and cost cuts which we have seen hammering the NFL Network this year. There has been in a shift in many sports for highlights to be uploaded to Youtube this may be the direction they are going in with this new Youtube highlights package starting on Tuesday but you are definitely not going to grow the sport much further in a territory without a slickly produced highlights show on terrestrial TV that had a strong timeslot like post-MOTD on BBC

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/how-itv-beat-the-bbc-to-secure-nfl-coverage/

I've no idea how it was expected to grow it's audience since they gave it a rubbish time slot and then never promoted it ever.

Advertisement