Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliquid going brown

Options
  • 29-08-2022 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭

I bought a 100ml botlle of yeti from a well known Irish store. Added nicotine and the next day it went brown.

I brought it back and they refused to replace, i rang the manager for the region and she had it replaced on the proviso that the shop attentant put the nicotine in.

Shop attendent put in the nicotine on friday and saturday night it turns brown. I had asked for a different brand as that would have been 2 out of 3 bottles to oxydise when nicotine was added (now 3 out of 4).

Is this a faulty product that i should return or is it just something that happens and i should let it go. It's very frustrating as it's a 30 euro bottle of juice and i can't use it. I had asked for it to be replaced by a different brand but the shop assistant said he was told to just give me a new bottle and refused too.

(It's not stored in sunlight)

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It's common in my experience, especially any liquids heavy on sweetener which Yeti are. Turning a dark brown overnight is a bit unusual though, normally it takes place slowly over a few weeks. If it tastes okay then I'd used use it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

From my mixing experience it often takes over a week for some liquids to even approach an amber colour, let alone brown! None of my mixes have ever turned brown tbh, bar ones that got forgotten for like a year in the back of the press. If you're not happy and genuinely feel the product is 'off' [does it taste or smell weird?] you have the right to ask for your money back IMO, so long as you haven't used more than a couple ml

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

It tastes grand until it started going brown, straight away its sickening after that. So i had it replaced friday and it turned brown sat night, they were closed sunday, rang for manager monday in the Galway store a number of times and they refused to call back.

Tbh it was such an effort to change the first bottle i just left it. More hassle than it's worth.

I never had a problem with it when ordering from a different online retailer, so i guess I'll be skipping this well known ecig store provider from now on.

Advertisement