Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Peeler & Corer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It's a bit like a wooden lathe so if it's not symmetrical then you won't get a continuous reel of apple but it will do the job. You'll still have to turn it though so not sure whether that's going to save you any time. Plus you'll have to clean it afterwards.

For €30 plus delivery, I reckon you're better off sticking with your basic peeler/corer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you're willing to peel manually, you could just use one of these to slice and core: https://www.amazon.co.uk/OXO-Good-Grips-Apple-Divider/dp/B00004OCKT/

I can't speak to the device you've linked unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭OrangeLavender

Thanks for the sound advice - probably too good to be true alright 😆 wishful thinking because I'm just withered from the peeling and cutting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 545 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I’ve used one before and from what I remember the little arm moves so it’s flush with the apple skin so it is quite quick and thickness can be adjusted too. I’d only get one if you were going through loads of apples.

Oh that's good to know, thank you. It would be great even if it did 90% of what it seems to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭phormium

If you get it let us know how good a job it does, I probably don't peel a lot of apples compared to you but have sore thumbs so find it a difficult job these days. For the money if it did it anyway right it would be worth it!

I will definitely report back. I've ordered it so we'll see!

So it came in the post today and said I'd give it a go this evening and I'm very happy. There is a small bit of tidying up on each apple afterwards - it doesn't do them perfectly but definitely will save my poor wrists in the long run!

Advertisement