Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisturiser / Face Skin Care

• 29-08-2022 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

I'm 36. I haven't minded my skin especially well. I've crinkles around the eyes which when I'm not squinting are white in the creases, face tanned elsewhere.

Is it too late to start minding my skin, or undoing damage? I heard before most damage is from childhood.

Any suggestions of products for daily care? I've oily skin, and I'm cursed with a very blackheady nose (a rigid cartilage, painful to squeeze or bend one at that!) .

Like, I wash daily, and keep clean, but no extras. Blackhead removers or scrubs have never worked.

Guessing SPF moisturiser will be recommended? How about something non greasy, as I'm oily enough as it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I've always had similar issues, oily skin, acne, blackheads (bad body acne too).

Dealing with it lately by

La Roche-Posay Effaclar gel wash, the oily skin one. Good wash, mornings and night

La Roche-Posay MAT moisturiser 40ml is probably best. I've been trying a few different bottles. Their face moisturiser containing spf is greasy like sunscreen so I'd avoid that or only use it in mornings.

Other option I've used is going to a skin clinic like Laser &Skin Clinic, get the consultation and a microdermabrasion facial. €100, yes it's expensive but works. They'll advise on products (and try upsell you of course) too.

I used to use bars of soap in the shower and splash a bit of that on my face to wash it but they can be acidic and not good for more sensitive face skin.

Personally, I think diet affects my oily skin, so I try eliminate dairy and it helps acne outbreaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Thanks Mr Anonymous!

My skin, while oily, is actually very clear luckily. I've no acne or blemishes etc. My nose is my only bug bear that way. Sometimse if I give it a really good scrub, it'll clear up a little, but it's only a temporary fix, it's like it just takes the top off the blackheads, but pores still clogged with oils. So instead of having blackheads, I'm left with pinhead holes in my nose for a day or two until the pores fully clog again. I can't squeeze them, I have tried often and still go at it now and then to clear up the appearance, but this has resulted in my nose being sore looking and peels and flakes as new skin comes over coming days.

I'll look into the La Roche-Posay stuff. Yeah.... greasy moisturiser with SPF, I can't do greasy. Anybody have any other suggestions on non-greasy moisturiser with SPF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It is always possible to undo damage. I'd recommend using moisturizer and SPF separately with it specifically for face/non greasy.

Morning routine:

Cleanse with CeraVe or Cetaphil

Dry and apply moisturizer. I use Aveeno. Then apply spf. The one I use is reform SPF30 zinc oxide.

Evening cleanse and apply moisturizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭rn

I'm going to suggest something I'm trying lately, that's bringing me great results. I suffer bad razor burn typically. Lately I've switched shaving to nighttime and I'm using refined coconut oil as aftershave/moisturiser. Because it's refined, it doesn't smell of coconut like raw coconut oil. Leave it on overnight. My skin is looking and feeling great from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Look into your diet Op, that could most likely be the issue, also wear spf on sunny days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭bureau2009

For shaving: I recommend using Silcock's Base on your face, then a wet facecloth followed by some shaving foam.

Absolutely no cuts or nicks and younger looking skin 👍

You can thank me later 😊

Advertisement