Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Education - Recommended reading

Options
  • 30-08-2022 1:08pm

I'm starting a MA Education with Open University soon. My own background is Business, with my undergrad/postgrad qualifications being related to Business/Finance. The purpose of this is to expand my own options for University lecturing abroad, but the course itself has a lot of post-primary considerations.

I'm aware that UO will provide access to a variety of articles/ebooks/etc related to the MA itself, however, as I don't have a Bachelor in Education, I'm thinking I might be at some disadvantage for my own study and awareness.

I've taught extensively abroad both in TEFL and lecturing Business topics, and during that time I've done a fair bit of reading on education, but little of it was the more theory side of education, and more to do with better teaching practices.

So, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a variety of books/authors that might serve as an introduction to the broader issues in education.

Advertisement