Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrect credit card balance

Options
  • 30-08-2022 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My credit card payment was due this morning, a direct debit was taken from my BOI current account and paid to my BOI credit card account. I can see the payment made by direct debit in my credit card account but the balance has not been updated.

Why does my credit card balance still not reflect the paid amount hours after the transaction has happened? My current account balance was quick enough to be debited, the transaction is recorded in my credit card account, but incorrect balance.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

Generally it does take 1 full working day for the payment to reflect in your balance.

Please be assured that your balance should be updated on the next working day.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hi Eve, thanks for the reply.

It helps but it does not inspire confidence, I hope you can pass on to the powers-that-be that if the account shows it has received a payment it really should not take 24 hours to update the balance. My biggest bug-bear is that my credit limit does not reflect the payment made until the balance has been updated....so I could pay off my card debt, the account could receive the payment but I still cannot use the credit until the balance is updated a day later. Seems lame in the digital age.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to me here.

We really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here and I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the team.

If you need any further assistance or guidance please feel free to reach back out to us here, we'll certainly do our best to help.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement