Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How best to get rid of Rhodendron

• 30-08-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

I have a field that is quite boggy and is slowly being taken over by Rhododendron. My neighbouring fields have been nearly completely taken over( their land is not being used). My plan is to cut them down tight to the ground, drill a 10mm hole in the stump and inject roundup. I've found this the most effective way to kill them in the past.

But I'm not sure what to do with the actual bushes that i'll be cutting down. Whats the best way to get rid of these?

• Hire a wood chipper and turn them into mulch? Could mulched Rhodo still take root?
    • Pile them in the middle of the field to dry out and burn?
    • Any other ideas? Most our neighbours dump the cuttings somewhere, usually on the bogs or something like that but that just makes the problem worse!

Comments

Advertisement