Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sterling making all my Henderson’s sell 😂

the power creep starts early 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Leaking goals left right and center with this team.

Thing Is I feel like Konate and James are class and Malacia is very solid also! Romero I never really notice him.

Dunno what to change with the money I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

4-2-3-1, the one with three CAMs. Width 40 depth 60, long ball and direct passing. I’ll be honest, it’s not my favourite way to play but it’s the only way I can win matches without playing 5 at the back and that bores me half to death.

Full backs stay back, all the CAMs get in box for cross and that’s really all you need to do for instructions. Both CDMs stay back and cover centre too, as always.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you're leaking goals it's more likely down to your tactics IMO.

You need at least one good CDM in that team, it’s too offensive for the current meta. Swap in Fabinho or Casemiro (or Rice if you’re on a tight budget) for Eriksen and you’ll notice the difference immediately in your defence. You’d have to change your formation to fit them in on full chem but you can always change it in game.

I was playing with a cdm for a bit I'll try again! I find when im defending more often than not opposition attackers just glide through my defense! Holes just appear then your screwed haha. Like I said Konate and James are very good and defend really well but it's not enough.

Custom tactics weren't really a thing when I last played UT so I'll have to see if changing anything makes a difference or is it just how it used to be and Fifa is Fifa and game takes control!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

One of the options is "constant pressure", throw that on and see if it helps out. I put it on with a couple of my weaker teams and noticed a big difference with defending.

I personally use Press after possession loss (your team will press for 7 seconds after you lose the ball), I find constant pressure drags players out of position too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only use it from time to time, moved back to default tactics on my main team for now.

Yeah I was gonna say I don't wanna get caught out if players are being dragged out of position and all up one end the pitch.

I'll have a look sure see if anything makes a difference. I always felt with previous years thr more money and effort u put into your team worse it got so don't want that to be case again ha.

3-5 currently in qualifiers. So need to win 1 in my last 2 to get into the WL. I feel if I can get in, even if I then lost every single game, the rewards would still give a nice boost to help in subsequent weeks.

Lost 7-3 and 5-0 so yeah that didn't work hahaha!

Dropped the cdm went back to my old formation settled things down a bit and won 2-1.

Post edited by How Soon Is Now on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Afraid to start this WL, still not comfortable with this game yet. I think I can defend reasonably well but I have no attacking moves. I'm just being carried by Ginola right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

That TOTW Sorloth card is ripping it up for me in Div 5. I used left-footed, strong strikers for most of last year (HL Laborde and TOTY Vlahovic played probably 2000 games between them). Sorloth is similar to them. Massive, strong and fast with great shooting. No skills, not a dribbler and slow to turn but get crosses in or go into a 50/50 challenge and he's a monster. Great first-time finishing too. POTM Gakpo is good too.

Haven't played much this week but will have qualified and will probably give WL a go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Avon8

Had the afternoon off so ratted through the 20. Started very slow but managed to recover to 13 wins. Lost my last two games to get to the 14 marker which was frustrating to say the least

Leao from red picks which is decent given he's over 100k, along with two scrubs. 5 discard totw and a thiago Silva from the rest of the packs. Il save the totw's and maybe buy a few more for an investment

Good grief this promo is appalling for Serie A

For those keeping count, that’s Valverde’s THIRD special card, and the game isn’t even out a month yet.

• Advertisement

10 wins in my first WL of the season, absolutely robbed of 11 in the final game, one of those where every ball bounced against me, 2-1 defeat and both their goals were ridiculous OGs that ricocheted off my defenders.

Sorloth and Danso for my picks.

Tradeable Salah in my packs. Straight into my team, delighted.

Oh wow, I was about to submit a rare tradeable Valverde into an SBC, and checked his price. What the hill, he’s 70k 😂 never even bothered to check cause I didn’t think a rare gold would be that high outside the PL.

Having a shortage of chemistry now with Salah coming in, am I better off with Cancelo and Salah both on 1 chem each or Robertson and Salah on 2 each?

As far as I know the big jump is from 2 chem to 3 chem. So for example 1 chem would be plus 2 speed, 2 is plus 4 speed and 3 is the full plus 8. So the difference between 1 and 2 isn't much and getting to 3 is worthwhile if you can

I found the managers very useful for sorting any lads lingering on 2 chem, with either a country or league boost

What’s hindering me is the fact that I have three leagues in my starting XI, and quite a few different countries. I’m going to settle for Cancelo and Salah on 1 each so based on those numbers, their base stats are excellent and I’m not gone on the idea of Robertson in my team, as much as I love him as a player.

Hopefully Salah can take me up another level. Had great fun using Bernardo Silva on full chem with Cancelo but he was never much of a goal threat.

I used KDB today and found him excellent, if he's an option either. Agile enough and great shooting

Is anyone using their loan cards this week? Power creep will probably be quick so thinking it's best get it out of the way early. Had base Rooney for the 20 games which was great. Going to sell my Haaland when he hopefully hits half a mil mid next week and try get by with loans of son/Ronaldo/mbappe for next weekends one.

I had a number of people sub mbappe in when 2 goals down today. Found it funny tbh, like I get not wanting to waste him from the start on a game you might win without him but it's surely better than when 2 down and odds on to lose regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Welcome to the club! 😅😂

I'm sure it will get much, much easier over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Facing Haaland so many times in qualifiers. It is a bit dispiriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Exact same as me! If only we met eachother in one of the last 2 games one of us would have got in 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

How's Ginola this year? Is he worth the 2.3m?

Advertisement