Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

there is some glitch i reckon i no longer get the information about what curl im putting on the ball for free kicks and corners same ps5 new gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah 84s is where I went heavy. I stocked up on an army of Mason Mounts for less than 2k a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The fact that my WL results started instantly improving once I brought Darwin Nunez in for Zola really says it all about this FIFA. It shouldn’t be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is it true that Champs opponents is completely random this year? So if you lose your first 10 you could still come up against some sweaty pro in the next game rather than someone with a similar record 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lost my first 4 games, then went on a hot streak. Ended up on 11 wins lost a few and gave a few away. My red picks were Kroos, Silas and David. Inform pack was just discard.

Will save the ultimate pack and rare players pack for 6. That's definitely the fastest I've ever completed WL 🤣

Dropped IF Marquinhos for Araujo and it's madness, that lad is a brick wall, anyone who hasn't tried him put him in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m 2-8 today and yeah, it’s a nightmare. This weekend is noticeably more difficult than last IMO, cause I can’t even say I’m getting unlucky or the game is against me. I’m just getting mauled in every single game. One of my two wins was also a gifted own goal before the guy quit 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Flew through my WL again, a stress free 11 wins for once and some enjoyable games. Played very well for a change, and I’m putting it down to switching to a wired connection on my PS5 from the advice here. 😀

My three red picks were Kroos, Carvalho and Schar. 151 pace between the three of them! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Is that true? I gave away some of my first few games as only have time for a few games this weekend but got three easy wins as soon as i started playing. Friday does still seem to have easier matches than sat and sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

WL has felt easier for me this year, 14 wins in both so far, I'm playing old gen and have Ginola tho so who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WertdeerSC

Just looking for some opinions as to how the game is playing? Haven't switched to 23 yet as I had seen quite a bit about it being slow and not an enjoyable... TIA

• Advertisement

Personally, I’ve found I prefer the slower down nature of it. It’s made taller, slower players viable.

Jesus, hadn’t realised how much more generous they were with picks this year. Three wins seems to get you two 1 of 4 picks.

Look at that for options…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ok EA enticed me back ..8.5 million on xbox :)

now I just need to download the damn game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

**** hell!

And here I am getting dupes after dupes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

It feels much more realistic with regard to ball control and then turn to pass. Even in 22, the control was instant and then a pass could be picked out. This time there is a moment for control given, your pass can be much more easily intercepted.

Through passes are not as easy as defensive cover looks better. New corner system is odd to work out. Crossing is the same. Players tire out quicker especially in a long sideline run.

It’s slower but doesn’t feel that different. The slowness is only due to the ball control moment so no pinging balls around at ease without risk of a wayward pass.

I’m struggling with the default camera angle at the moment as it’s a bit low for me but overall the game is a definite improvement.

I haven't even bought the game.. sold him so I'm 8mill up. But honestly I've no interest in playing it. I'm casually playing fifa 22 with random op squads now and then..might just hold off till after xmas and see then if I get into it.

Started 6-0 in WL without playing anyone who felt like a decent challenge, now my past 3 games I've played 70%+ possession 1 shot 1 goal 1-0 matches against the most annoying opponents possible, the matchmaking this year is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

My lag seems to come back with a vengence each evening, not entirely sure why. I know the servers are busier but I suspect it's on my end.

I tried doing the weekend league last night but it was unplayable, but thanks to some kind gents, who gifted be 2-3 games, I managed to get to Rank 7. But the cards were muck.

Tried playing again today and the lag was dreadful in the early morning, but much better in the later morning, managed to get my 8 wins in Div Rivals and promotion to Div 5.

Why do people stack packs of cards? What's the point? Not something I've ever done. Don't think I'd have the patience. But if there was a big benefit to it, I'd consider it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Davy05

Funny you should say that, i notice my lag is far worse in the evenings too... which is unfortunate because I can't keep skiving off work for some sneaky FUT during the day 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

You're probably aware of this, but the PS5 seems to default to the WiFi connection when you turn it on.

You have to manually select the "wired" option each time, so your PS5 may been using your WiFi connection again rather than wired, if you haven't done the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I did check that, as I thought it might be a possibility, but it was still connected to my LAN. I think there is just a lot of traffic on my exchange at certain times of the day. Sometimes I have 50mbs uploand speed, other times it's as low as 5mb. When it's low, that's when I seem to lag.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Tried my best to find the positives in this game over the past few weeks but between how it plays on new gen (so, so, so heavy) and the issues with their servers, I've come to the conclusion that it's a massive piece of shit. The worst Fifa I've ever played. Horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone that played on both gens, what feels better?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Vini Jr is shite!

Packed him and Militao in an untradable pack last night and tried him in a hybrid team for few game's.

He was so slow and sluggish ffs.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You absolute dirty dog. 😁

That's you set for the entire season. Build whatever team you want.

Once again this game has quickly become nothing but passing it around the back until a cutback, haven't seen a power shot in weeks.

There’s a post on the subreddit that shows you can skip the build up to the power shot now. I dread what happens if that knowledge spreads, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Everyone is slow and sluggish on next-gen unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Only problem if I’ve end up buying and selling and waste it all in EA taxes but **** it. I had to pay 465k on tax for R94.

Advertisement