Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Here’s what I have so far. Still in 9th div as only started tonight.

Will probably swap Ballack back on for Beckham as I have Carlos for free kicks.

Eusebio is a goal machine. Saw some guy doing a power shot but I’ve no idea what’s new in this version so must look it up: Good thing is I don’t need to chase rewards etc throughout the year. Just take it easy and play a few games here and there and just enjoy it.

Everyone bar Makele and Tony are tradeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

11-6 in WL and gave the last 3 away.

Nothing in the reds, nothing in the TOTW pack, but in the Ultimate Pack I pulled TOTW Neymar! 😯

I already have his gold card untradeable and his TOTW card is around 1.2m at the moment, so I think I'll sell it up when he goes out of packs, rises a little and then use the funds to buy Mbappe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just packed Messi from an untradeable 2 player pack, nice to have a first owner.

First owner Dembele, IF Salah and Messi on the RW now, all untradeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

9-2 to 9-7, matchmaking is a mess this year, every single game I'm either winning or losing by a mile, never feels like I'm playing vs people at my level.

EDIT: Doesn't help that any team that looks beatable quits at 0-0 before kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sidford

Any tips on someone trying out FUT for first time? Doing some SBCs as have a fair few gold fodders that are untradable. Trying to build up some coins and amazed at the teams that are showing in here, assume some of you buy points is that the main way to get such teams and then buy the promo packs?

• Advertisement

Finding the matchmaking a bit strange also.

I was 4-5 and then won 7 in a row. In that run of 7 games was 3 or 4 against really poor players, the type with no chemistry styles on players etc.

I've read online that ELO doesn't seem to be working properly for Champs this year and it seems to be the case. One pro player at 19-0 last week ended up playing some poor fucker who was 6-4 for his 20th win! 🙈

Practising in the friendly modes doing objectives with the timed finishing on for the first time. It's bad when it doesn't work but when it does... some of the goals I've scored I've never seen the likes of it.

I've had to return to last year's 5212 with big strikers and attacking wingbacks....and I love it again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s actually crazy how OP the trivela shot is. Only yesterday when playing rivals did I finally manage to consistently get my players into the right positions for it, and when you green time it, it’s a 9/10 chance of scoring. Actually managed 4 of them in one match, almost felt like I was cheating but it’s just too effective to not use it whenever possible.

I’m literally scoring far more goals from outside the box than inside now. I know it’ll be nerfed very soon because it really needs to be, but I’d recommend anyone to abuse the daylights out of it while it lasts.

One thing I have noticed is people scoring against me directly from corners, happened a couple of times yesterday after moving my keeper just a couple of steps off the goal line. Absolutely fair enough to concede that way, but it’s worth being aware of it all the same.

Does everyone here use timed finishing? I don't know how I've went this long without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anthony on the other side of my team is much faster even Zaha again much faster. For his stats he just seemed so slow.

Imagine coming up against that team in division 9 FFS. I think I'd just quit as soon as I saw it! 😅

surprisingly enough everyone stays in until I score at least 2..good fun :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No I haven't managed to train myself to do it yet.

Timed finishing and right stick switching are 2 things I need to learn.

If I sold up all of my current investments and tradeable cards I'd have a little over 1.7m and these untradeables to work with

I like how @Blazer has named his squad "R94 bought this", just so that everyone he plays against knows it's not a credit card team. 😁

SBC out for a Max 87 Hero, 85 squad with a TOTW.

Got this from mine

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have exactly one hero card in my club, so surprise surprise, I got a Dupe Park.

at least my old one was tradeable, so I’ll sell him off.

The one big tradeable I have in my team 😆

Got Mostovoi from that Hero pack, literally one of the worst pulls you can get. A 50k card.

• Advertisement

Park in mine.

Plunged for CR7’s rule breakers card and it’s utterly ridiculous. Normally I’m not a fan of his cards as I prefer more agile strikers but he’s absolutely menacing on this version of fifa and especially paired with Eusebio up front spamming assists for him.

Got Sissoko from the pre season packs and he’s a good replacement for Vieira.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gold haaland from a preview pack, selling for 185k, nice little profit there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Kuyt from the Hero SBC, meh. Will stick him in the Eredivisie team that I never use 😆

Brolin from the Hero SBC.

Looks a fun card and seems to be highly rated, as he's 230k on the market.

Cashed out my fodder investments at a decent profit of around 3k per card on 86's and 4k per card on 87's.

I also sold the TOTW Neymar I packed from Weekend League and used the coins to purchase Mbappe. Cost me 1.4m but he's only going to go up as I'd be surprised if he wasn't in this week's TOTW. I've never owned any of his cards in FIFA apart from the TOTS I packed at the end of the summer, so can't wait to get months of use out of him.

Back down to around 200k coins now so I might build towards a game changing CM next, someone like Yaya Toure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Made out pretty well in that hero SBC - Cordoba on my main acc, Keane on a second acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Does anyone elses settings constantly reset on PS5? So annoying 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

POTM Messi worth it?

Advertisement