Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I packed an untradeable Rulebreakers Smith Rowe over the weekend, moved him to a CAM and said I would give him a go. Good lord he is cracked, there's something about his dribbling style in-game that just seems to make him glide past people when it looks like they have made a great tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

How have people earned so much coin already? I've been playing end Sept and I've never had more than 80k coins. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea, it randomly prompts me to go through the first-time setup when I start the game, where you pick your button config and favourite team etc. Also randomly forgets camera settings and other settings and resets to default.

Complete pain when you start into a rivals match and straight away have to pause to change off that stupid default camera and turn power shot zoom off (who the feck thought having that zoom on by default made sense?!?!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Thanks. Just looked at in game stats on futbin and POTM only has 30 more than gold card. Will avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trading and playing, mostly.

putting trading aside for the moment, WL has been worth 70k on its own each of the last two weekends. Taking the tradeable rewards each week should have net you a lot too. Genuinely find it’s the easiest it’s ever been to earn coins and high rated players.

Must give him a try, cause I have untradeable version too.

have 600k, and tempted to upgrade significantly, but might try Smith Rowe first before I splash out for baby Socrates.

The only reason I have coins is EA very kindly gave me a tradable hero pack for 25k and I packed a hero worth 400k from it.

That said, I was grossly misled, as I expected to get an untradeable hero, and EA disgracefully have refused to compensate those of us who got screwed over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

If you hit 9 wins in FUT Champs you'd easily hit at least 50k per week, but more likely something in the 75k-100k. The very odd week you'll pack something big and you can multiply that number.

Depending on what division you're in, if you took the coin reward (option 3) in Rivals each week you'd get 20k-30k.

Marquee Matchups on Thursday at worst you'll probably clear 10k from it and the very odd week you get a half decent pull it could be upwards of 50k.

Then you'll get some coins from playing games themselves etc.

I genuinely feel that if you're a 9 wins a week level in FUT Champs, you could definitely hit 120k-150k per week just from playing the game.

That builds up quickly over the course of a few weeks, and with that sort of coin balance you can then look to trade/invest. For example, with the Hero SBC widely known to have been on the horizon/leaked about 10 days before it actually released, I invested a significant amount in 87 rated cards at 17k and 86 rated cards at 13k. The 87's then jumped as high as 21.5k last night and the 86's to 16.5k. That's a profit of 4.5k per single card on 87's and 3.5k per single card on 86's.

When you're putting the hundreds of thousands of coins you've made from just playing the game as per above into those sort of investments, your balance can rise quickly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So last night's gold preview pack gave me haaland and I was going to sell him but I went in tonight and my preview pack gave me Ronaldo so 500k, and keep haaland :)

Honestly the pack luck of some of you lot disgusts me. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't recall the last time I even got a rare gold in my preview pack.

It’s weird, but I genuinely feel “pack luck” has increased for me this year. I’m not sure if it’s coincided with my deciding to be more lax with spending coins, bu even when I’m opening the odd promo pack, I’m getting my coins back and then some. I opened a 45k pack the other day on a whim, and got RB Payet who instantly sold for 95k. Packed Smith Rowe a few days back too. Running a front line of Ronaldo and OTW Lewandowski, both untradeable from rewards.

I know some lads like Blazer and Osmosis have always had good luck, but I’ve seen people pack more 500k plus cards in this thread than I’ve ever seen before.

It probably helps that they fire so, so many packs at you nowadays, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I seem to have decent enough pack luck this yewar, Nkunku packed form a gold preview and sold for 145k, haaland but I will keep him for now and ronaldo 500k from the gold preview. I really must look at what type of hybrid team I can put together because I have some nice cards like OTW Lewa and OTW dyabala.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Serious pulls! I dont think I have bought a preview pack this year, no more than 2 or 3k in them all 😂

I've only bought 4, first 2 had low totw player so bought them to discard for a 3kish profit and the 2 over the last 2 nights. My luck will end soon I suspect haha

Sorry 5 packs total, nkunku came from a gold pack too haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Any suggestions for a good DM in a EPL team? - have Kante but may sell him as he doesnt seem that effective this year (before that had Fred and Partey)

I have Casemiro as my sub CDM, he's actually usable this year.

RB Phillips seems to be the best available, but it’s a definite weak point in PL teams this year. There aren’t many great choices yet, given how strong Kante was last year.

Zakaria is the best budget option, by far. And if you’re loaded, then it’s Yaya Toure.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

honestly its only in the last few years really since fifa 19 that my pack luck changed. For the 10 previous years I got CR7 once in 2012 and tots Pogba in fifa 16 i think it was. I think I deserve it after 10 years of shite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm using Casemiro. In previous years he would have just been fodder but he is actually a viable option this year which is nice.

Can’t wait to play against all those red Mbappé the weekend after next. I’m convinced those players are employed by EA because I’ve never known anyone to get such luck in their reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

8-2 in the qualifiers.

This WL is going to be insanely sweaty considering how good the TOTW is, but definitely worth playing for the 0.000001% shot at red Mbappe. I won't be greedy, I'd take red Dembele as his gold has been so good for me. 😅

Really starting to notice the huge step-up in standard in division 3 in Rivals. I'm winning 1, losing about 5 for a while now despite having a really good team. No complaints, my opponents are just miles better.

I also noticed tonight that I have the 90 games done and dusted for the seasons milestone rewards which are still two weeks away now also 🙈😅

I have a feeling EA might start bumping up the pack weight and how good promos are over the next week or two as Modern Warfare 2 will be out and I think they could lose a lot of the player base to it.

I just want a Red Casemiro 😂 His rare gold version has been brilliant for me, so I’d kill for the upgrade.

B.Mendy from rewards, as well as dupe Kane, TAA and some other fodder. Mendy is a decently big win, but not until I move on from my current 352 formation (unless I opt to be less lazy and set up a formation switch at the start of a game….).

Bought VVD and Baby Socrates to bolster my squad for the weekend. OTW Lewandowski has gotten his upgrade too. Might avoid playing tomorrow and wait till Saturday to start. Had a nightmare Friday last week, but felt Saturday was significantly easier, with far more people giving away wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Di natale in my rivals rewards, that will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

9-1 in qualifiers. I think matchmaking is totally broken for qualifiers and wl. Most of the people I played this qualifying round were just awful. Very different to rivals. I'm in div 2 atm and it feels like fair matches against people with similar skill levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Rivals is the best for even games most of the time. Qualifiers are all over the place. FUT Champs matchmaking has not been as fine tuned as last year in my opinion.

• Advertisement

I’ve hit that roadblock in rivals now where I’m probably a level higher than I should be, in terms of balanced games. I’m winning one game in about four.

Also feels like every single game is….

Goalkeeper

rightbackcenterbackcenterbackCenterabckleftback

WingerdefensivemiddefensivemidWinger

-

-

-

HAALAND

Just ten men packed tightly, and hoof ball up to Haaland.

Advertisement