Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What division are you in now?

I'm in 4, and I find it less sweaty than 5.

I agree that certain tactics are very annoying to play against. A line of midfielders in front of the defence. Also pressure is ridiculously OP this year, I play games where I'm both simultaneously pressured and every player of mine is marked. It's like the enemy team is 10 absolutely perfect defenders who never do anything wrong and can perfectly predict every move I make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The divisions usually balance themselves out as the season goes on. Ironically, I find Div 1 and Elite less sweaty than Div 2 and 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,

decided to try the ten hour trial and here we are three weeks later. Enjoying being back playing FIFA FUT.

So this is my squad and hoping for some advice La Liga/Prem Mix but I’m seriously considering going all la Liga.

The tradeable cards are Ederson, Cancelo, Son, Correa and Varane so I can sell all my Prem cards for about 220k. I have Llorente that can go RB and I can sell Navas for another 70k.

Also finding it hard to choose between Danjuma, Correa and Falcao. Hate using Haaland.

Any upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Welcome back! 🙂

La Liga is a great shout this year.

IF Correa is one of the best strikers this year. I'd have him in ahead of Falcao for sure.

Llorente is one of the better box-to-box CM's also. He's wasted at RB.

To be honest that's a really good team you have for this stage of the game and more than sufficient.

Might be worth persisting with it and waiting for a big SBC or saving for a game-changing player instead.

Thanks. Good to be back. My pack luck has been really strong. Got Haaland, Mendy and Cancelo in successive packs. Currently saving 85-88s for a big SBC. Any active ones you suggest I get that’s not pictured?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Last checkpoint of Div 4. 100% agree it’s nowhere near as sweaty as lower divisions tho.

Worth buying the preview pack, or no? 😂 That’s Ronaldo and Messi packed this year having packed Ronaldo twice in six odd years and never packing Messi before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

7-3 in qualifiers, should have easily won all 10, felt the game was very slow and unresponsive today, anyone else feel the same?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Something felt off this evening playing, my team was all disjointed and just not clicking at all.

Yeah, same here. I've felt it for the last few days to be honest.

I went 8-2 in the qualifiers but the game to potentially go 9-1 was ridiculous. Mbappe and Neymar both hit the bar from about 6 yards out, had an expected goals of something like 5.4 vs 0.8 and lost 0-2! 🙈

Not complaining as I'm grateful to be able to qualify, but even in Rivals it's felt very sluggish with a huge amount of button delay.

• Advertisement

The pack weight of Libertadores players must be 100%. Every single rivals pack was full of them for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

And they’re almost always untradeable dupes!

Packed Merino Rulebreaker this evening doing some of the SBCs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

whats the best effort /reward ratio for WL? i dont have time to play 20 games!

6 wins?

Yeah, definitely the 6.

Just give away wins for your first 4 or 5 and then start playing properly.

You'll cruise to 6 wins from the remaining games and will either match 1) people doing the same or 2) poorer players.

IMO you need to get to 9 wins for it to be really worth it.

Depends if you think the TOTW pack is worth it or not, IMO. For me, the two red picks is enough stress.

what Youtuber has run the idea of a Haaland/Sterling front line? Four games on the trot with it today….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

6 wins was enough for me as I can only play today so gave the rest away.

Got 84 Grifo and 86 Bellingham from red picks. Will open the packs after 6pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have opened the trial to open free packs I think, haven't actually played it though. Any use? Or 22 reskinned?

On next gen at least it feels completely different to 2022.

Honestly I think the majority of it is far better. There's a wider range of players that are usable. Slow, good passing players are viable in midfield for example. Slower forwards are viable too. You'll see players like Casemiro and Harry Kane actually used this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

To go with my untradeable gold version 🙈 Looks like the gold is going into an SBC 😂

Brahim and griffo in my reds. Bellingham in packs for a hand 60k.

Going to grab Crouch for a laugh. Not played against him that often, but when I do, he’s murdered me.

have 1m coins now, on top of my IF investments in my trade pile. Just going to try some “fun” cards for a bit, I think.

Completely agree. Much better game this year and it’s great that slow “unusable” players are now usable.. I have Trezeguet base icon up front and he’s got 50G18A in 31 games.

6-3 in WL atm too, bloody dread coming up against Haaland. No matter what I do, he’ll win the ball back/retain the ball after a perfectly good tackle and belt it into the net giving me zero chance.

Well, that’s gonna be my first and last WL. Choked it at the end there, lost 4 games in a row and went down to the final game where I lost 4-3. Finished 10-10, reds were Grifo + Rabiot and TOTW pack was Jude + fodder.

Just play to 6 wins every week.

Quit/give away your first 4 or 5.

You'd then get the 6 wins in about a hour.

It's definitely the best effort/reward ratio.

What rank does that leave me at? I mainly went for rank 5 for the packs tbh but even at rank 6, the packs were shite so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Good reds for once

100k and a 50k pack.

No TOTW pack but I've never seen anyone get anything but 3 discards from them anyway.

You still also get 2 x 4 reds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody using oop Reece James as ST? Is he any good?

Thinking of replacing POTM Rashers

Advertisement