Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Watching a few videos of people opening their 3 x 84+20 and they're absolute trash.

Definitely gonna stick it out for Vieira this time around...best thing is I have 47 tokens remaining as I used 3 already so it means I only have to get 40 tokens and skip the rest. Don't think there's anything good below 8 at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not amazing, not bad. Loads of great fodder. Did the Moriantes SBC, and did another World Cup Hero SBC and got Dempsey.

which means I’ve got five attacking heroes and no defenders 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You’ve done well there Lord, definitely better than my three anyways, not that I was too unhappy though to be fair. Seen so many worse results on Twitter, one lad had Gulacsi, Sommer and Thiago as “walkouts”. 😂

Yo, hang on, what the hell…

87 Rivaldo and his glorious 2 star weak foot for me.

If I didn’t have bad luck…

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's the damn patch.

13 wins in WL this week, pity I couldn't get the 14th for the rank up.

I played the same guy 2 games in a row which I didn't think was possible in competitive modes.

Did the icon sbc, duplicate Van Basten who got kicked back in and gets Pires then.

I shouldn’t complain but my pack luck has been dreadful since I got R94.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Haven't played it since shortly after the patch is it still the same just hit and run? If it is I can't see me playing it again to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Another thing they've seemingly forgotten about is that OTW cards are supposed to get an upgrade if their country wins a WC game, no OTW upgrades have been applied yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What defensive style and depth are people running with after the patch? Getting hosed defensively at the moment after patch using pressure on heavy touch

The meta now is to sit really deep.

Pressure is still very overpowered, that nerf they did a few weeks back has had minimal effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Up to about 3m now and will be taking Vieira from Swaps.

I'm stuck now between continuing to build for someone like Mid Guilit, or to just stack the rest of my team.

Imagine Guilit and Vieira as a CM partnership! 😯

Packs are about as bad as I've ever seen since the WC started, every single minimum overall guarantee pack gives the guaranteed minimum overall/cheapest possible return. Every Icon and Hero pack has been the absolute worst card available, most recently with an 86 Non-WC Al Jaber from the 86+ Hero/WC Hero pack.

I've even bought 2 of those 100 player packs and haven't seen an 87 yet.

Same for me.

it’s shocking how bad they are. It’s really ridiculous how EA are so miserable but when previous CEO’s have stood in front of EA staff and boasted how they’re absolutely screwing over their customers I shouldn’t be one bit surprised.

Lol I bought one of those 100 players packs and got Ruben Dias and then about 5 84s and 94 76-83s.

A total waste of time.

Honestly right now I'm bored of the game. I find the World Cup promo seriously dull, there's no effort. I can't even be arsed doing swaps.

Wow, they implemented a “10 games max an hour” in the swaps friendly mode as the “fix” for the soft ban issue 😂

Means even if you win every game, you can now only earn 5 tokens over a three hour period. At best.

I presume you can bounce back and forth between old gen and new gen to combat this?

For anyone who has the Ultimate Edition, this is how I've been avoiding the soft bans to date.

I've barely started with the tokens, got some time off work coming up and was gonna go at them for a bit but it sounds like a slog now.

Yes I think I might just get to 10 / 20 tokens max and take the packs.

This promo sucks.

• Advertisement

Add to that my first game in a few days I get to play until the 11th minute before my opponent rubber bands and I just have to sit here doing nothing for 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

World Cup Icon Viera has been completed.

Initial thoughts, absolute beast at CDM in a 41212(2). Worth the grind.

And now I must touch grass as I forget what it feels like.

Can't wait to get him.

I didn't purchase the store tokens so I think the max I can get at the moment is 38.

Did you get the store tokens or have they released enough via gameplay now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lost track of the amount of packs / upgrades I’ve opened and still yet to get any sort of promo card! Just finished off the last of the mastery ones today - 125k pack gives me my best pull over the last two weeks… an 87 Verratti.

Yeah I bought both store tokens so I think thats 40 in total that have been released so far.

Noticed the same, packs have been nerfed into the ground for me this past few weeks. Low rated dupes and zero promo cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They've changed it now. It's 50 in a 24 hour period.

Did the hero sbc after completing WC Morientes..

yep I gets his base card…bloody EA.

You packed R9!

You're not allowed to complain about packs this year. 😁

• Advertisement

He packed R9.

He's not allowed to complain about anything, ever.

Advertisement